How does he stand on the Middle East situation? Will he stand with Israel?
Obama has been cold and abusive to Israel. Obama stated he would "stand with (his) Muslim brothers in a war. What about Romney?
- gatitaLv 78 years agoFavorite Answer
I certainly hope and pray he will continue to support Israel's right to exist and defend them.
Romney's position on Israel
• In Mitt Romney's opinion amidst the many critical challenges that America faces today, the threat of violent and radical Jihad and the threat of nuclear proliferation stand at the top.
• Romney cites the former President Jimmy Carter's view with regard to bringing peace to the Holy Land and thinks the opposite. According to him, it is only helping to prevent terror and bloodshed and violence.
• Romney quotes. "State taxpayers should not be providing special treatment to an individual who supports violent jihad and the destruction of Israel."
• Romney fears that radical Islam has one goal; to replace all Islamic states in the world under one caliphate and convert the non-believers of Islam forcibly, if necessary, to Islam. He says that this plan is more irrational than the Nazi Germany policies of the 1930s and Stalin?s Cold War or the 1940s.
• Mitt Romney has committed that he would defeat the jihadists all around the world. Most of his speeches however focus on restricting Iran rather than making decisions to resolve the tension between Israel and Palestine.
• Romney requested the Arab states to stop providing weapons and financial support to Hezbollah and Hamas and instead to put pressure on the Palestinians to "drop terrorism and recognize Israel's right to exist."
• Mitt Romney strongly supports the security wall that divides Israel from the West Bank.
Degree in History (focus Jewish studies) and Spanish New Mexico State U. 1990
- Anonymous8 years ago
Israel is committing war crimes and blatant violations of international law daily by slaughtering Palestinians on their sovereign land and building settlements on that same sovereign land. Israel is not to be stood with, except by those who believe national sovereignty is meaningless - in other words, someone who opposes the very foundation of the UN. Why has every country on the UN Security Council moved to condemn Israel's crimes, but the US never has, and has further vetoed a vast majority of those resolutions?
- teamLv 78 years ago
I seriously doubt it. He seems to love muslims MUCH more than Jews or Christians
- 8 years ago
It is amazing how people can't see the truth and wrongdoings of Israel.
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- 8 years ago
I think he will stand . Because if he does not then we will loose a great friend