Am I supposed to feel bad or guilty when I repent sins?

I have done all sorts of things I'm not proud of in my past (generally while really really drunk) and I've decided I want to stop. I want to stop being that person who everyone expects to sleep around and whatever. As part of trying to clean up, a religious friend has invited me to Church and he's... show more I have done all sorts of things I'm not proud of in my past (generally while really really drunk) and I've decided I want to stop. I want to stop being that person who everyone expects to sleep around and whatever. As part of trying to clean up, a religious friend has invited me to Church and he's basically trying to convert me, and I have no problem with that: the guy seems happy, and if it's the Church that's making him that happy then I'll give it a shot.
I don't know that much about Christianity, and there's one thing I want answered before I dive straight in, but I don't want to have to come completely clean with the religious dude about my past (I haven't known him long, he doesn't know too much about the drunken mess. And I'm slightly intimidated by his goodness). I've accepted the things I'm not proud of as part of my past and part of who I am today. But if I repent those things in Church as sins (because they are most definitely sinful) am I supposed to feel bad? Or guilty? Because I don't. Because there isn't a lot I can do about them now, so what's the point feeling bad about them? Had I not done them I wouldn't be who I am today, and I want to be me.

But am I supposed to feel guilty when I repent sins?
Update: The friend in question is Pentecostal. I have no idea if this makes any difference but if it does, let me know.