What does it mean unless the Father "draws him" in John 6:44?

Here is the scripture:

"No man can come to me unless the Father, who sent me, draws him; and I will resurrect him in the last day."

My question is, is every one drawn or only certain ones and what is it that HE looks for to draw people?

Your thoughts...;)

Best Answer

Unless a person is educated by the Father, they will not come to Jesus -- they will not become a true Christian. It is divine education by God that draws person's to Jesus. Such education is gained by studying God's word the Bible. But more than just academic knowledge is involved. God has to open the heart and mind of humble, honest ones to truly understand and appreciate the message of the Bible. (Acts 16:14)

By truly understanding the Law, for example, one comes to appreciate the hopelessly sinful plight of mankind and is well positioned to have deep appreciation for the tremendous value of Jesus sacrifice. This in turn will spur them to exercise faith in Jesus and show gratitude for his sacrifice by obediently following him. Understanding the many Messianic prophecies inspired by the Father and seeing their fulfillment in Jesus' life and ministry also leads honest ones to the inescapable conclusion that Jesus truly is the Messiah. (John 6:45)

Those to whom Jesus spoke those words, were not yet drawn by the Father because they were not yet humble, honest students of the scriptures. They were obilvious to how the Law and the Pophets plainly identified him as the Messiah. They were unwilling to believe he was the Messiah simply because they were familiar with his humble family background. (John 6:41,42)

Well not everyone is drawn By Jehovah. There are some who get into Jehovah's organization without being drawn to Christ (compare Matthew 13:25 and 22:12). And Jehovah looks for what is in the heart (1 Samuel 16:7).

The Holy Spirit is waiting to respond to anyone who will call upon the Lord. If a person hears the Word of Truth from the Scriptures, and responds, seeks, and ask Jesus into their lives, then you have been drawn by the Holy Spirit to the words spoken. They have somehow entered your heart and mind.

Many people will hear the Word and not be drawn, therefore will not ask Jesus into their life. Hence the Holy Spirit cannot work in them. God does not force himself on people. He wants them to make the first move.

Jesus said: “No man can come to me unless the Father, who sent me, draws him.” (John 6:44) These words suggest that God gently attracts those who are rightly disposed, making an appeal to hearts. By means of the preaching activity of his Witnesses, Jehovah is drawing out for his service “the desirable things of all the nations”—the meek, sheep like people of the earth.—Haggai 2:6, 7.

There is, as one Bible scholar put it, ‘an influence from God to incline the mind to believe.’ The Creator does not view the human family as a faceless mass. He makes an evaluation of individuals and gently draws to himself those who have a heart that is rightly disposed.—Psalm 11:5; Proverbs 21:2; Acts 13:48.

By means of holy spirit, Jehovah draws individuals toward his Son and the hope of eternal life. This enables each one to grasp and apply spiritual truths despite any inherent limitations and imperfections. Really, one cannot understand the purposes of God without the help of God’s spirit. (1 Corinthians 2:11, 12) As Paul wrote to the Thessalonians, “faith is not a possession of all people.” (2 Thessalonians 3:2) Jehovah supplies his spirit only to those who display a willingness to be drawn by him.

Jehovah draws people because he loves them as individuals and wants them to attain to salvation. What firm evidence of Jehovah’s personal care! Jesus said: “It is not a desirable thing with my Father who is in heaven for one of these little ones to perish.” (Matthew 18:14) Yes, in God’s eyes every person is important as a distinct individual. That is why Paul could write: “He will render to each one according to his works.” (Romans 2:6) And the apostle Peter said: “God is not partial, but in every nation the man [the individual person] that fears him and works righteousness is acceptable to him.”—Acts 10:34, 35.

Source(s): w01 4/1 p. 16 par. 9; g98 2/8 p. 13; w96 3/1 p. 5
  • jeni

To be raised up at the last day, 1Thes.4:15,17; Only the anointed, Rev.14:1-6,

7, are raised up to be with Jesus at his second coming for the 1000 year reign,

Rev.20:1-6, that is the last day of God's day seven, to resurrect all the dead,

to give eternal life to all possible in the new heavens and the new earth. Rev.

21:1-5.

Source(s): Bible.

Jehovah proves his love for us by helping us individually to take advantage of the benefits of Christ’s sacrifice. Jesus said: “No man can come to me unless the Father, who sent me, draws him.”

Jehovah personally draws us toward his Son and the hope of eternal life. How? By means of the preaching work, which reaches us individually, and by means of his holy spirit, which Jehovah uses to help us grasp and apply spiritual truths despite our limitations and imperfections.

Jehovah can therefore say of us as he said of Israel: “With a love to time indefinite I have loved you. That is why I have drawn you with loving-kindness.”

At John 6:44, Jesus explained: “No man can come to me unless the Father, who sent me, draws him.” The verb used here does not suggest that God drags people, against their will.

Instead, God gently attracts, appealing to the heart. There is, as one Bible scholar put it, ‘an influence from God to incline the mind to believe.’

The Creator does not view the human family as a faceless mass. He makes an evaluation of individuals and gently draws to himself those who have a heart that is rightly disposed.

Jehovah proves his love for us by helping us individually to take advantage of the benefits of Christ’s sacrifice. Jesus said: “No man can come to me unless the Father, who sent me, draws him.” (John 6:44) Yes, Jehovah personally draws us toward his Son and the hope of eternal life. How? By means of the preaching work, which reaches us individually, and by means of his holy spirit, which Jehovah uses to help us grasp and apply spiritual truths despite our limitations and imperfections. Jehovah can therefore say of us as he said of Israel: “With a love to time indefinite I have loved you. That is why I have drawn you with loving-kindness.”—Jeremiah 31:3.

He draws people that are spiritually hungry for Knowledge and Truth and that are Humble, Honest Hearted and Meek Spirited People in the world! The Father doesn't choose people that are Proud, Stubborn, Selfish and the Violent in the World.

the drawn in John 6:44 are the people that are elected by God Father for clerics of the Lord Jesus Christ

I believe that intercessory prayer can play a major part. If we are praying for someone fervently the bible says "The fervent effectual prayer of a righteous person avails much!".James 5:16 Who is righteous, but those who have taken upon them the cloak of righteousness that Jesus gives us, by His atoning death & resurrection. Even in the Old Testament Abraham "believed God and it was credited to him as righteousness" Romans 4:3. So I have absolute faith that people we earnestly pray for, God WILL draw them. I realize that our Heavenly Father will not violate their will, but he can cause circumstances that will make it easy for them to turn to him. The bible says that "He's not willing that any should perish but that all come to repentance" so it IS the Father's will to draw people. And it's our job to pray for them and never give up. You will be so inspired if you watch this short video of this woman who was so strung out on drugs for years, that anyone would think she was beyond hopeless! But her dad prayed for her for 40 years! When she turned to God with all her heart and was gloriously saved, she was instantly delivered from every desire of drugs. When you see her and hear her you know it's real. Wow! Our God is an awesome God! I believe that no matter what religion, denomination, or background we come from, anyone who "calls on the Name of the Lord shall be saved" if they really mean it with their whole heart. Jehovah said "You will seek me and FIND ME when you seek me with all your heart. Jeremiah 29:13