Is 4 hours too far for a long distance relationship?

my bf lives 4 hours away from me and i am happ with him.Sometimes i wish if he ives closer to me but i can`t see myself wth anyone.so would you consider 4 hour too far to put a strain on a elationship

yeah,driving distance

yeah,driving distance

Favorite Answer

no i don't think so. my then girlfriend now wife lived 4 hours away and it was probably the best part of our relationship. wanting to see her and not being able to just hop in the car and go see her, distance makes the heart grow fonder. ***...I AM IN THE PLAYPEN WITH SWEET MILDRED...

• Ocimom

If you cannot deal with a 4 hr drive for a long distance relationship, then don't be with him. And 4 hrs is NOT considered to be "long distance". Hubby and I were in different states (far apart) and dated online and in person for 18 months - we only saw each other physically every few months but talked daily by phone or pc.

Married 10 wonderful years now.

The amount of distance doesn't matter as much as how you two feel about it. If you are both satisfied with the way things are, it won't be much of an issue. At least you have the chance to see him occasionally, which puts in you better shape than most long distance couples.

• .

Many couples in LDRs are much further apart than that...at least you two could get together on weekends if you wanted to...many long-distance couples are much further apart than that...

However, LDRs have a shorter duration (typically) than a relationship with someone local that you can see on a regular basis...

Your post should be in Singles & Dating...

If you're both old enough to drive, AND you each have cars, AND you can both afford gas, AND your schedules permit you to visit each other adequately, then it's not too far. If any of those is a no, then it is too far.

Decisions like this need to be decided by one's self and not by others.

no it is not to far. thats only if you can really triely handel it. i ov=nce had a boyfriend who lived in Oklahoma while i lived in Ohio. yes it is hard but if you are stong you can do it

heh.. 4 hours? that's driving distance.

Is it working for you? If the situation is not making you unhappy, then don't borrow trouble.

Not that far...but it depends on how much time you will get to see him.

And your patience vs. his...