Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsCats · 8 years ago

What kind of food best for cat?

I want to get my cat a new food. What food is good for her?

Favorite Answer

I feed my cats Nutro Natural Choice Indoor Healthy Weight Formula. It is a higher protein and lower carb food that my cats really like. It does not contain any chicken by-products (heads, feet and intestines) or any ground corn and never any artificial colors, flavors or preservatives. I also feed canned food because it helps their urinary health and also helps to keep them at a healthy weight. Nutro makes all their food in their own factories right here in the US. And each factory goes through 600 quality checks per day to ensure freshness, safety and quality.I'm a pet nutrition specialist with Nutro and have been feeding it for over 25 years now to all my furry kids and it's always worked great. Here's a link to learn more about Natural Choice and read some reviews. http://www.nutro.com/natural-cat-food/natural-choi... Good luck and hope this helps.

Mix It Up For Better Cat Health

Some cat owners swear by wet food. Others insist dry is best. And according to the WALTHAM® Centre for Pet Nutrition, both sides have merit. In fact, WALTHAM® research shows that mixing wet and dry cat food together benefits your cat in more ways than one.

Benefits of Mixed Feeding

Improved Urinary Tract Health — When you feed your cat a diet of dry kibble mixed with a high moisture, wet food, it increases your cat’s water intake resulting in more urine production. The higher water volume dilutes the urine while increasing the frequency of urination — both of which help prevent the formation of mineral crystals or urinary stones.

Better Weight Management — WALTHAM® studies have shown cats that are fed a high moisture diet eat less, gain less weight per calorie eaten and have increased activity levels compared with cats fed only a dry food diet. What’s more, owners tend to better control the size of their cat’s meal portions when part of the diet contains wet food.

Healthy Metabolism — With more real meat and fewer carbohydrates, wet food provides a healthy balance of proteins, fats and carbohydrates that satisfies a cat’s instinctive feeding behavior and helps maintain a healthy metabolism.

Enhanced Eating Enjoyment — When given a choice, cats prefer to eat a mixture of both wet and dry foods. Wet food is shown to increase enjoyment whereas dry food satisfies her desire to eat many small meals throughout the day.

Improved Oral Health — The crunchy texture of dry food helps keep teeth clean by scraping away plaque and tartar.

Recommended Mixed Feeding Program

While each cat is different, WALTHAM® studies have shown that a mixed feeding program is beneficial for both weight management and urinary tract health. For weight management, at least 1/3 of the total daily food intake should be wet food. If urinary tract health is the goal, then wet food should make up a least 3/4 of the daily volume.

Source(s): Pet Nutrition Specialist owner of four cats (or do they own me.

I feed my cat Iams everyday, but about once or twice a month I give him a can of wet food or some chicken as a treat. Wet food everyday is not as healthy as dry food though.

As for the brand, the most expensive does not always mean the best. Don't buy the cheapest food either. Find a middle ground. Look for a food without additives; the more natural the better. Also look for foods with the right amount of vitamins and nutrients your cat needs.

Get food from your veterinarian clinic. It may be expensive, but cats are living animals. They deserve the best! Food from grocery stores and pet stores can be okay, but can sometimes include unwanted chemicals and bugs. Hope I helped :)

• helena

i agree, i feed my cats Iams biscuits too and only wet food occasionally. The dry food is good for their teeth, they need it, the wet food is good for moisture but as long as they have fresh water. Iams is reasonably priced too.

Professional Adult Cat food

It made my cat lose weight and stopped him from having hair balls. There are kitten, adult, adult light, and senior cat foods. Also dog foods as well.

Source(s): Myself
  • I give my cat Purina One Beyond. It has chicken, oatmeal, and potato. It's a dry food, and it keeps her fit and healthy.

• Mick

This site will answer your questions and help you help your kitty live a longer and healthier life:

http://www.catinfo.org/