blahh
blahh asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 9 years ago

Would it be offensive to put the picture of JKF's assassination on a collage for my history class?

I have to make a collage about events that ocurred during the 1960's for my history class. John F. Kennedy's assassination was obviously an important event that ocurred. I want to put the image of him seconds after being shot but I think it may a bit inappropriate now that I think about it /: Should I include that picture in the collage or just put another picture of him in it? All help is appreciated. Thanks!

Favorite Answer

Would be more tasteful not to show that particular picture. It is an important event of that time but a different picture would be better. There's a picture taken of JFK just before the shots showing him smiling and waving and the other occupants of the car. Or show the photo of Lyndon Johnson taking the oath of office in the airplane before the takeoff from Dallas. That was also historic. He was taking the oath on Air Force One because Kennedy was assassinated. It was the first time the oath of office was administered by a woman and the only time it happened on an airplane.

Source(s): The American President by Kathryn Moore
  • Petra

I think it wouldn't be offensive if the context is right. And a collage as you describe it would be the right context IMO. ... I would think the photo very offensive, though, if you had it printed on a T-shirt, for instance.

What kind of photo is it? Do you see his face, or do you just see people crowding around him? (I'd choose a photo that's not too shocking.)

• worm

it would want to count number on the marriage type. if you're going formal then i might want to do a small table like a funds tree or present table and beautify it with small pictures like said in silver frames. if you're having a bbq outdoor reception then convinced a colloge or photo bored might want to be tremendous. you couls also get a million or 2 polaroid cameras and enable human beings take pictures of one yet another and characteristic them dangle them on the wall. i might want to go away the photographs on your colloge to easily you and also you hubby. crew photo with the households and wedding ceremony party are tremendous yet do not over do the colloge or crowd it. for my moms 2d wedding ceremony a chum made a folding board colloge and it confirmed his father and mom and her father and mom on there wedding ceremony days and photo of them. yet save in techniques on the present time is about you 2. yet i love the theory!

Borderline judgement call there. I'd avoid a close-up of the head wound, but anything else would be fine. One pic that might work great is the shot of his little son saluting as his casket goes by in the funeral procession; it's a very famous picture.

https://www.google.com/search?q=jfk+jr+salute&hl=e...

It was an important event and most everybody has seen it. If it fits in the overall theme go ahead.