How are nursing shoes different?

I'm going to be taking a nursing class soon and I need to buy some shoes. I currently some 'shoes for crews' brand shoes and they feel are very comfortable, even when I'm on my feet for 12 hours. Could I also wear them for this class?

Favorite Answer

Whatever is comfortable, but also fits the uniform requirement.

When I was going to school for scrub tech, they fitted all of us with K Swiss shoes...all of us had to have them, and man, were they comfortable!

So, if your class doesn't have a requirement, absolutely wear them...but be prepared that they may, and if so, just go ahead and get them, it's part of the school uniform.

I wear Akesso's and they are remarkably comfortable and professional looking. I have been a nurse for over 12 years and these are the first shoes I've ever worn that weren't sneakers. I highly recommend them for their great looks, comfort, grip, and 'quietness' on the job. Unlike clogs, you won't be clunking around your patient with these lovely shoes. I am also on my feet for 12 to 13 hours at a time (with a bad back and knees) and can't say enough how supportive these shoes have been.