Public transport from Washington DC to Ashburn, Virginia?

I'll be staying in Washington DC but need to get to Ashburn, Virginia for a day. Does anyone know any bus routes or train routes to get there? Either directly or indirectly? Cheers.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago
    Best Answer

Hi

If this is this Ashburn just outside of DC then fallow this link

http://g.co/maps/x59h2

You have different options as of what time and how long will it take you to get there. I would recoment just to rent a car, spend this 20-30$ and get there in 1h instead of trekking for few hours on public transportation

Good Luck

S

Source(s): www.maps.google.com www.batteryworld.com
  • 4 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Public transport from Washington DC to Ashburn, Virginia?

I'll be staying in Washington DC but need to get to Ashburn, Virginia for a day. Does anyone know any bus routes or train routes to get there? Either directly or indirectly? Cheers.

Source(s): public transport washington dc ashburn virginia: https://biturl.im/ECVdT
  • 3 years ago

Ashburn To Dc

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

Driving around D.C. when your not familiar with the city and the road system can be a bit tricky. When I first moved to D.C. it took me a long time to get acclimated (and now I live in Maryland) DC is split into quadrants, with a Northwest, Southwest, Southeast, and Northeast. So it can be confusing--you'll think your in the right area on the right road but in reality you'll be on the right street but in the wrong quadrant of the city (and some areas are pretty rough--may not want to get lost there) I would say public transport. Everything you'd want to do in DC in 4 days is available via public transport and it would save the hassle of renting and driving a car in an unfamiliar city, never mind dealing with rush hour traffic and finding a place to park (its not easy!) The metro is the most popular mode of public transit, but there is also a bus system. Like the other person said, if you can fly into Reagan you can take metro from there. Or you can fly into BWI and take a taxi or Super Shuttle or Amtrak to DC. You can find hotels in DC or metro MD (Silver Spring, Rockville, etc) that are metro accessible. Just look for reputable ones (Best Western, etc).

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    3 years ago

Washington is really a major and all know city and is certainly valuable send a vacation or just visit this city. with hotelbye you'll find more. One of the symbols of Washington and the whole America could be the famous White House, the official residence of the President of the United States. Your home of every leader except George Washington, it had been formerly built by James Hoban in 1792, and following being burned down by British forces in 1814 was rebuilt in 1818. Although trips of the interior including the East, Blue, Green, and Red Areas; the Ballroom; and the State Dining Room should be reserved properly beforehand, every tourist to Washington would want to see that iconic making, at the very least from the outside. Next door to the White House would be the intricate 1833 Greek Revival Treasury Building and the 1871 Executive Office Building, one of the very most striking previous government buildings in Washington.

• 8 years ago

http://www.loudoun.gov/index.aspx?NID=221

That is a link for the Express form the West Falls Church metro station. However, it only runs in the morning and the evening (not all day) and may not go where you need to go. A rental car may be your better deal. The metro(train) is not scheduled to reach Ashburn for another 4 or 5 years.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.