Dj asked in TravelUnited StatesLos Angeles · 9 years ago

Moving to california after school and want a band?

In june 2013 I will be finished school in Ireland, I will be 18 and Its like my dream to move to California LA area or San diego Ireland is beuitiful but I think Cali would suit me and i would be happy there Im getting a summer job in a super market or delevering bouncing castles i think and im willing to save alot before hand I play bass and im pretty good wrote a few songs and bass lines I dont like bragging but im pretty good and one of my only interests is to start a band im not in one yet but I wanna be soo bad Its my dream like i know the chances of "making it" as a band are slim but how I see it is find something you love and find a way to turn it into a job Im good at making friends But im 5ft 4 at 16 il probably grow but would that effect me? and I just know il be able to to find band mates either when im there or in Ireland in the mean time so dont be negative about that part i just wanna know Is there many mussicians in cali and can you give me any advice, tips or whatever for finding a band and moving?

and sorry that this is so long hope you read it all and give me an answer! :) Thank you

Favorite Answer

youll definitely beable to find a band! email me and ill try to help you as much as i can (: i.love.stephanie95@gmail.com

Don't they have punctuation in Ireland? Just wondering.

As for being negative, do you want me to blow smoke up your rear and tell you everything is going to be OK, or do you want the truth? Too many people don't like having their fantasy bubbles burst.

Rather than going to a long essay about why this dream won't work, let me point you towards a band that DID make it. Ever hear of Bono? A band called U2? They're pretty famous here, too. Do a little research on Bono, and how he got started. Then follow in his footsteps. The way you suggested is not just difficult, it's impossible. At least try something that has a chance.

• Visit the US Embassy in Dublin to get information about immigration visa requirements. Getting such a visa will take years.