Max
Max asked in PetsReptiles · 9 years ago

Will a 60 watt bulb work for a leopard gecko?

I am about to buy a leopard gecko and I am setting up the enclosure. For the basking light, I currently have a 60 watt incandescent bulb. Will this work or no? Thanks in advance!

Yeah I'm going to put him in a 10 gallon tank in my room that is about 60 degrees f. I am also going to put in a heating pad.

• TB
    Favorite Answer

If its a 10 gallon it will get the temps in the low 90s and high 80s Id go with a 75 watt bulb for better basking and a 75 watt would also work for bigger tanks but a 60watt would be great and it could be left on 24/7 if you want.

maximum individuals will say no. besides the undeniable fact that it must determine or no. i exploit this and my gecko is happy and wholesome. in the adventure that your house is chilly, get a greater wattage. If its heat, 60 watt must be advantageous. desire this helps!!!

• Dave

The answer to that question is impossible to even guess. It depends on the temp in the room your keeping him in, the size and type of enclosure your keeping him in etc...

ask a petstore