Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 8 years ago

Why would Zimmerman's lawyers quit just because they hadn't heard from him in 24 hours?

Sounds like they were pretty trigger happy about quitting to me....

Have you ever waited for a lawyer to call you back?

That could take days or it might not ever happen!

Favorite Answer

Maybe they weren't sure they would get paid. I don't remember reading that Zimmerman was wealthy and could afford high-profile lawyers.

Do you guys bother to read anything beyond the headlines????

they made it clear that he wasn't taking their advice and had gone rogue. He called the prosecutor for God's sake which is a big no no for a potential defendant. He had an interview with Sean Hannity without consulting them which is also a huge blunder because his conversation with Hannity is not legally protected and Hannity can be subpoenaed.

When you have the Black Panther Party putting a $10,000 Bounty on your head, you go in hiding.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-03-24/new...

"During a press conference, Zimmerman’s lawyers said that they have not heard from him since Sunday, reports the AP. They also said that, against their advice, ***Zimmerman had reached out to the special prosecutor*** who will decide whether he will face charges."

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0412/74985.ht...

Probably he went to the special prosecutor for sanctuary.

They might know something that we don't, like that they won't be needed. They just weren't allowed to let the cat out of the bag. We'll find out why they quit once Cory makes her statements this week.

Jesus probably told them to quit.

Oh, I thought we were doing wild conservative speculation that would help Zimmerman.

Seems weird to me. Maybe they were scared to represent him because of the New Black Panther Party.

No $$$$$$$$$

That's why Zim has a website now

They said they would come back once he has money, I mean contacts them

They've actually never met with him.

Their only contact has been via the mail.

If they can't consult with him, they can't represent him. It's an ethics problem.

• In despotic or non-functional countries, the conclusion would be that they were either bribed or threatened.

I hope we cannot put America in that category.

something else may very well be going on...

if I HAD to guess... I would say that he was trying to do things that they didn't want him to do... like go on TV...

and they thought it could destroy his case and THUS didn't want to be a part of it anymore...

http://www.salon.com/2012/04/10/zimmerman_trades_l...