promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Importance of the Silk Roads?

I have to write a research paper about the Silk Roads and I am having so much trouble! If anybody could help that would be great! Here's the question... "Why were the first two Silk Roads Eras (c.50 BCE - 250 CE; and c. 600 - 900 CE) so important to human history? Were the most significant exchanges material or non-material?" Thankyou!

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Best to start your research with such volumes as:

Bauer, Susan Wise - The History of the Ancient World: From the Earliest Accounts to the Fall of Rome. New York: Norton: 2007

Durant, Will - The Story of Civilization: Our Oriental Heritage. New York: Simon and Schuster: 1939

Since these are scholarly volumes, pay attention to footnotes and/or end notes along with bibliographical information which will help you as you continue your research.

You are being asked to develop your own conclusion as to which is more important the aspect of trade or cultural interchange. Personally, I would have a great deal of trouble separating those two from each other.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 8 years ago

You have the whole of the Internet at your disposal to research a topic on which copious information is available, but you instead opted to post on Y!A?

Do your own homework.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.