Should I get Skyrim or Dead Island?

I am looking for a combination of a great story, gameplay, uniqueness etc. Which one should I get? Skyrim or Dead Island? More detailed answer will most likely get the best answer!

Favorite Answer

Skyrim, hands down

Neither game has a particularly great story so let's just throw that one away.

Uniqueness... eh, I dunno if you can consider zombies on an island unique, but I suppose it's more unique than Skyrim, which is the 5th iteration of a game series (Elder Scrolls) that are all reasonably similar.

But gameplay is what this all comes down to. Dead Island's gameplay is, at best, mediocre. Skyrim's gameplay is what makes the series so popular. Actual melee combat in both is at best ok (skyrim) at worst annoying as **** (dead island). But Skyrim doesn't force you to use it's worst aspects but the world of Skyrim, the amount of quests, the replayability, and the amount of time you can sink into the game is vastly greater in every way over Dead Island. Dead Island isn't a bad game, it's just sorta ok. Skyrim is a great game. You can play as a mage and then play again as a thief. You can do completely different quests. You can do the same quests in completely different ways. You can go around and try and kill everyone in the game if you want. It's just far more open of an open-world game. You can sink 300 hours into Skyrim. You'll be done with Dead Island after a week.

If it's story you are looking for story in a game, there are few that more than Skyrim does. It is a very story driven game, whereas Dead Island is more about the combat and the story feels more like filler.

For gameplay, Skyrim offers you a pretty wide variety of ways to play, suiting any play style you could want to use. Dead Island features some pretty enjoyable combat in my opinion, but can get a bit monotonous after prolonged gaming sessions.

As for uniqueness, neither of them really have any. Anything and everything in Skyrim has been done before or just doesn't feel very good. And as for Dead Island, it's basically a copy and paste of Borderlands, but with melee weapons instead of guns.

Source(s): Played and own both games.

With out question you need to get you're hands on a copy of skyrim. If you were a fan of any of the previous elder scroll this one is just gravy. The game will take you DAYS to WEEKS to complete. Depending on how annoying you're Gf is. (just kidding she was in the closet It was skyrim time lol)Jokes aside skyrim features a Good main story line and an unbelievable amount of side storyline and side quests. Great fun to level up and kick some RPG style ***. You will also need to play the game at least x2 to get all the sides of every quest line with options.

Source(s): I played that shit.

Both, LOL.

Really, it depends on your opinion. I've played most of Skyrim, with only a bit of issues, (shitbox360). It's all out a great game. I've not played Dead Island, but it looks fun.

In the end, it depends on what you like, do you like Magic, Trolls, Medieval? Or, do you like kicking zombie ***?

Pick and choose, my friend.

The games are both there own tho get them both! both have awesome graphics and the story lines are both awesome depends if you like walking on skyrim lol dead island you can drive cars skyrim you can rent a carriage both you can make weapons and find items pillage things and watch the blood fly id go with both if possible

Source(s): i own them both