promotion image of download ymail app

military taxes I am from IL but living in Florida due to orders?

if i am in the military and am from Illinois and my residency is in Illinois but bought a house in florida and am here due to orders how does this work for taxes?

1 Answer

  • Anonymous
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

    You file IL since it's your state address of record.

    You cannot claim a new state just to avoid paying taxes.

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.