How to unclog a toilet without a plunger?

I clogged my toilet... i know gross. and the plunger I have isn't a good one and doesn't suction to the whole and it gets stuck pushed in when I try to pull it back out. I was going to use a wire coat hanger like i saw when I googled it but I don't have one... How else can I unclog it?

I can't... I don't have a car

Favorite Answer

your problem with the plunger tells me you're pushing down too hard. Start over, push down about 2 or 3 inches, then let it come back up, and do it again. Do this short fast stroke for about half a minute. I guarantee the result. Do not flush to test. First of all, if you broke the blockage, some of the water should have gone down if it was high in the toilet bowl. if it was not high in the bowl, some water is passing the blockage, just not enough. Get a pail, fill it with water from the tub. Pour half into the toilet. it should start to fill then go down. if it goes down pour the other half. get another pail of water and pour all of it down the toilet. if it disappears quickly, rather like a flushed toilet, your problem is solved. Flush the toilet to wash off the plunger as the clean water swirls around in the bowl.

Now, on the off chance that the blockage is still in place, just repeat the short rapid plunging action for another half minute. What happens is this: the movement of the water in the throat of the toilets trap will eventually tear loose anything like waste or paper, its merely a matter of how long it takes before the damage is enough to unclog the blockage, but it always works.

Source(s): 65 yr old contractor

go and buy a plunger

• FOHbus

use ur mouth