Smashed laptop screen and can't access important information?!?

So my laptop screen smashed when I dropped it down the stairs, I know it works because I can turn it on and in the bottom right corner I can see the desktop bar and my background but it is tiny. I need to access some work for my coursework but obviously I don't know what I'm clicking because I can't see anything useful. I wondered if there was a way I could get into my laptop from a computer or iPad2 And transfer all of my files onto a memory stick or something like that? I need some help and I know my login password into my laptop so it's not really hacking.

Pease help :(!?!?!

Thank you.

Favorite Answer

Two easy ways to access your files:

1]You can use the VGA or HDMI out port [depending what your laptop has] to output to an external monitor, if you are sure the laptop is working fine apart from the screen [I wouldn't be too sure about that if it fell down a staircase though]

2] Or you can easliy remove the hard drive [you just have to remove a few screws on the bottom] with all your work on it and access it from another PC. You can easily and cheaply buy a USB caddie for 2.5 inch laptop disks which will allow you to access the disk as an external USB drive from a friends PC or laptop or another family member

Something like this is all you need: http://www.amazon.co.uk/HARD-DISK-DRIVE-CADDY-ENCL...

Assuming the hard drive is not trashed from its trip down the stairs, you can then easliy transfer your files to a USB flash drive or whatever you want to, once it is connected as a USB drive to another system.

Are you optimistic considered one of your pets did no longer do it? in accordance to most of the stuff i've got examine related to the paranormal, ghosts associate themselves with a place, together as poltergeists associate themselves with a guy or woman or group of persons. If strange stuff basically occurs at your place, it must be a ghost, yet whilst strange stuff occurs to you no count the place you're, then it must be a poltergeist. it relatively is the reason somebody who's fascinated interior the paranormal might supply. having pronounced that, i ended believing in ghosts when I got here upon God with the aid of Christianity, and that's whilst i ended examining up on the paranormal. My memory of my examining is a sprint fuzzy, so do no longer quote me on what I pronounced related to the version between ghosts and poltergeists. i'm now of the opinion that souls can not proceed to be on earth, they're the two despatched to heaven or hell upon their departure from the guy's physique. in spite of the undeniable fact that, I certainly have been instructed that demons can mimic the souls of the ineffective, so as that explains why human beings see ghosts. So, IMHO, considered one of your pets did it or you have have been given a mischievous demon inflicting problems. i desire it is an remoted incident for you. would not want a demon inflicting extra effective than this.

cuando mi ordenador ha tenido un accidente no sabía si valía la pena cambiarle el hard disk o comprar otro nuevo, he tenido mucha suerte con amazon, he encontrado el producto perfecto, un transporte rápido y mi portátil funciona otra vez y mejor que antes porque el hard disk tiene una mejor velocidad de respuesta.

• Tony

hook up a desktop monitor to your laptop