Whats Guild Wars 2 like?

Combat system? Is it like Demon/ Dark Souls style where you can roll evade and manuever etc.? Or just your average click press 1-9 for a skill and stuff?

PVP modes and Team based modes?

I just got a computer and my friends are telling me to get it, so I'm not sure.

Favorite Answer

Guild Wars 2 is a massively multiplayer online role-playing game in development by ArenaNet. Set in the fantasy world of Tyria, the game follows the re-emergence of Destiny's Edge, a disbanded guild dedicated to fighting the Elder Dragons, a Lovecraftian species that has seized control of Tyria in the time since the original Guild Wars. The game takes place in a persistent world with a story that progresses in instanced environments.[3]

Guild Wars 2 claims to be unique in the genre[4] by featuring a storyline that is responsive to player actions,[5] something which is common in single player role-playing games but rarely (if ever) seen in multiplayer ones. A dynamic event system replaces traditional questing,[6], utilising the ripple effect to allow players to approach quests in different ways as part of a persistent world. Also of note is the combat system, which aims to be more dynamic than its predecessor by promoting synergy between professions and using the environment as a weapon,[7][8] as well as reducing the complexity of the Magic-style skill system of the original game. As a sequel to Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2 will feature the same lack of subscription fees that distinguished its predecessor from other commercially developed online games of the time, though a purchase is still required to install the game.[9]

Good luck!