forgotten password now locked out of laptop.?

Have laptop running new windows op system. Went and put password on to stop unauthorized usage. Now have forgotten my password and am locked out. Help.

Update:

Laptop is Acer....reconditioned 9 months ago running latest windows op sytem.Cannot get into laptop to do anything after it boots up as password forgotten.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Best Answer

there is 2 ways 1.on the logon sctreen hold ctrl alt delete for 5seconds and then type in administation then oky u logon or 2.log in as guest type at run cmd the net user then net user your name of loon * for e.g me net user sheldon * then type new pasword retype

Source(s): hpe this works
  • 8 years ago

if you still have your windows op disk, or rescue disks, just reinstall or reset windows (i know this sounds easy but all your program including paid version will be wipe and maybe your files too... if you really choose this method, if you want at least all your files, back it up by take your hdd and put it another pc which is already have windows inside and you have the 2.5" hdd wire socket connect to sata or ide.) this is a tough job. the easiest way is just send to the computer services or just reset your pc (not recommend if it is still under waranty)

I recommend you to send your pc to computer services

• 8 years ago

BIOS password or Windows? If Windows, find one of the many password cracking and reset tools for your OS.

• 8 years ago

Sorry about that but the only way I know of how to reset it is to

Hate to say but take it to a shop and have them reset it

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Trish
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

Easiest way is to restore the factory settings.

What make and model and which os?

• Carly
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Google it. I just did and it came up with loads of solutions.

• 8 years ago

Get it fixed dude

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.