forgotten password now locked out of laptop.?

Have laptop running new windows op system. Went and put password on to stop unauthorized usage. Now have forgotten my password and am locked out. Help.

Laptop is Acer....reconditioned 9 months ago running latest windows op sytem.Cannot get into laptop to do anything after it boots up as password forgotten.

Best Answer

there is 2 ways 1.on the logon sctreen hold ctrl alt delete for 5seconds and then type in administation then oky u logon or 2.log in as guest type at run cmd the net user then net user your name of loon * for e.g me net user sheldon * then type new pasword retype

Source(s): hpe this works

if you still have your windows op disk, or rescue disks, just reinstall or reset windows (i know this sounds easy but all your program including paid version will be wipe and maybe your files too... if you really choose this method, if you want at least all your files, back it up by take your hdd and put it another pc which is already have windows inside and you have the 2.5" hdd wire socket connect to sata or ide.) this is a tough job. the easiest way is just send to the computer services or just reset your pc (not recommend if it is still under waranty)

I recommend you to send your pc to computer services

BIOS password or Windows? If Windows, find one of the many password cracking and reset tools for your OS.

Sorry about that but the only way I know of how to reset it is to

.

Hate to say but take it to a shop and have them reset it

.

• Trish

Easiest way is to restore the factory settings.

What make and model and which os?

• Carly

Google it. I just did and it came up with loads of solutions.

Get it fixed dude