Electric vehicles articles - help!?

I am writing here because I desperately need more material for my project - I am writing a thesis about Electrical Vehicles - shortly EV, and I am frustrated, because I don't have enough of credible material. I am searching for articles or publications on internet for electrical vehicles ranging from amateur to professional reviews, if possible. I would like to find ones that are written by professionals and experts - how the EV are working, prospects for the EV now and in the future, evaluations of EV against the fuel vehicles and so on. I am on my wits' end, because our local library has zero of the mentioned publications. So please, I would appreciate your help, as much as you can give it to me.

Thank you in advance, and I'm hoping to see many positive results there,

Dogsbody

• James
    Favorite Answer

An electric vehicle (EV), also referred to as an electric drive vehicle, uses one or more electric motors or traction motors for propulsion. Three main types of electric vehicles exist, those that are directly powered from an external power station, those that are powered by stored electricity originally from an external power source, and those that are powered by an on-board electrical generator, such as an internal combustion engine (a hybrid electric vehicle) or a hydrogen fuel cell.[1] Electric vehicles include electric cars, electric trains, electric lorries, electric aeroplanes, electric boats, electric motorcycles and scooters and electric spacecraft.

Electric vehicles first came into existence in the mid-19th century, when electricity was among the preferred methods for motor vehicle propulsion, providing a level of comfort and ease of operation that could not be achieved by the gasoline cars of the time. The internal combustion engine (ICE) is the dominant propulsion method for motor vehicles but electric power has remained commonplace in other vehicle types, such as trains and smaller vehicles of all types.

During the last few decades, environmental impact of the petroleum-based transportation infrastructure, along with the peak oil, has led to renewed interest in an electric transportation infrastructure. Electric vehicles differ from fossil fuel-powered vehicles in that the electricity they consume can be generated from a wide range of sources, including fossil fuels, nuclear power, and renewable sources such as tidal power, solar power, and wind power or any combination of those. Currently, though, there are more than 400 coal power plants in the U.S. alone.However it is generated, this energy is then transmitted to the vehicle through use of overhead lines, wireless energy transfer such as inductive charging, or a direct connection through an electrical cable. The electricity may then be stored on board the vehicle using a battery, flywheel, or super capacitors. Vehicles making use of engines working on the principle of combustion can usually only derive their energy from a single or a few sources, usually non-renewable fossil fuels. A key advantage of electric or hybrid electric vehicles is regenerative braking and suspension; their ability to recover energy normally lost during braking as electricity to be restored to the on-board battery.

• John W

Batteries are a method for chemically storing energy. Well, so is gasoline and diesel. The difference is that gasoline and diesel have already been "charged" from ancient solar energy through photosynthesis by nature over millions of years. We actually know how to synthesize gasoline and diesel from a mixture of gases called syngas and have run entire countries on synthetic fuel before ( WWII Germany and embargoed South Africa ), currently we meet federal ultra low sulfur diesel requirements by diluting our high sulfur diesel with synthetic diesel ( Shell's GTL plant ). We currently get our syngas from natural gas and coal but we also get it from biomass, trash and dried sewage. We also know how to make syngas from CO2 and H2O if we have an inexpensive source of energy. All the environmental benefits of electric vehicles can be achieved without replacing a single car just by changing how we make our fuel. Electric cars are about selling more cars for more economic growth, profits and jobs not about saving the environment.

You can look here for articles I have written on electric vehicles.

Most of the articles are very full of cites to outside sources. If you go through the articles and make a list of the sources you should have a rather complete list of the "credible sources" for electric vehicles on the web:

http://cleantechnica.com/author/breathonthewind/

http://www.edmunds.com/tesla/

is one of the best sites that can help u.

you can also read the source site for more information