Help with flashing BIOS instructions!?

I'm trying to update the BIOS on my motherboard because it solves a really big problem I have been having with compatibility. I understand everything the instructions tell me to do except for the one line where it says, "Extract the BIOS-archive that you have downloaded by double clicking to c:... show more I'm trying to update the BIOS on my motherboard because it solves a really big problem I have been having with compatibility. I understand everything the instructions tell me to do except for the one line where it says, "Extract the BIOS-archive that you have downloaded by double clicking to c: \test"
The problem is that I don't really know where c: \test is or how to extract the files to the place, so if anybody can help me with this it would be great. I know that flashing the BIOS wrong can brick the thing so I'm trying to be really careful.

Additional Info:
The motherboard is a MSI Big Bang Xpower and the flash procedure is AMI BIOS Flash.
I already have a bootable USB and whatnot ready, and someone told me to copy the BIOS update files to the USB, but I just want to make sure that he's right (or wrong).