can you cook raw chicken in sauteed onions?

I have read and heard from a few people that onions absorb flavours and smells and even bacteria from other foods in the fridge and when cooked with meats.

I had started to sautee my onions and garlic and other such flavours, and then added chicken without thinking about it.

Can the onion absorb salmonella while its cooking?

Can I eat the chicken?

fortunately It is just me eating the chicken,so if anything happens I'll be sure to let you know

for the time being please let me know

thanks

Favorite Answer

As long as the chicken is cooked through.

I would suggest you either add some water, or remove the onions as they will overcook as the chicken cooks. when the chicken is almost ready return the chicken and garlic and get them hot.

1

Source(s): Modern People Paleo Guide : http://paleocookbook.raiwi.com/?fgGS

Yes, you can saute chicken in onions and garlic. Doing so has nothing to do with salmonella. In the rare case that your chicken has salmonella on it, cooking in high heat will kill the salmonella and other bacteria on the chicken. So go ahead and saute your chicken and enjoy eating it.

I frequently do no longer saute onions for a soup, as a results of fact the soup is on the range for particularly a at the same time as. they are in no way crunchy whilst the soup is served. And have faith me, neither my husband nor i admire crunchy uncooked onions, and this methodology works each and all the time.

Did you already tried using Eating for Energy (120 raw food diet recipes) mechanism? Proceed to this url : http://www.stayeatingraw.com/Support . This could extremely manage person!

I've always cooked my chicken with onions..I've never experienced any sickness

I do this all the time and haven't got sick from it yet.

Even if the onions are absorbing the bacteria, so long as you're cooking the onions over the temperature that kills the bacteria you're fine.

Not all chicken contains salmonella. In fact, not much of it does if produced and stored properly.

You should actually be sauteing the chicken first then adding onions and other seasonings.