Werner Herzog Into The Abyss?

I have been emotionally troubled lately from watching Werner Herzog's Into The Abyss. I am experiencing erratic emotions mostly anger and sorrow over being made aware of Michael Perry and his execution. I feel no gradual or constant trend of emotions for the victims, but I do from Michael Perry's... show more I have been emotionally troubled lately from watching Werner Herzog's Into The Abyss. I am experiencing erratic emotions mostly anger and sorrow over being made aware of Michael Perry and his execution. I feel no gradual or constant trend of emotions for the victims, but I do from Michael Perry's death...I have to actually pursue and find the emotions for the victims, e.g. watching the video made after the execution of the victims families and seeing them mourn, then I feel for them but it's never a constant passive and ongoing feeling. I felt sad then at the time for the victims families watching, but it's almost comparable to the sad I got from Michael Perry being executed, however this I feel all the time unlike the victims, as If I knew Michael Perry or was his family and had a deeper emotional connection, which I don't but obviously do or am feeling. Where I did not get the relief like the victims families would have got, or the "Justice has been served" A sense of hate or any negative emotion towards Michael Perry that the victims family or any other person watching would have for his crime, I felt sad and angry about Michael Perry being executed, and this has clouded over any feeling for the victims etc, I don't understand why. It's not like I don't feel for them, but it's just this constant sadness and anger I have over the other where both should be neutral or irrelevent as I do not know, or ever knew either I'm just like anyone else watching and looking over this, so why do I feel more emotion towards Michael Perry being given the government cocktail and killed, as opposed to the victims? When I see Michael Perry in the videos (The only place I could ever see him) I see into his eyes and just see a human, a scared human, a happy human, an angry human, but theres something else that I can't explain, I actually found him likable and as if I could of been a friend, ignoring what he did completely. Did Werner Herzog shoot this thing in a biased way or something? Was I ever supposed to feel this much towards Michael Perry? Was I supposed to feel this less about the victims and victims family?
1 answer 1