What requirements are there for Disney on ice?

I'm a skater and want to do Disney on ice but what are the requirements to even audition for it? And have a shot

Skater from my rink got in no triples!

And by the way for Caitlin I'm a fast learner and jumps come easily singles took a year in total to get consistent with all combinations.

Favorite Answer

You have to be 17 or older at the Junior/Senior level.

Disney on Ice is staffed by Feld Entertainment. Feld's recruiting requirements are on their website.

http://www.feldentertainment.com/careers/Performer...

Feld Entertainment also staffs other skating shows for cruise lines and amusement parks, so there are other opportunities beyond Disney on Ice.

They do not require any particular freestyle elements, such as triples. They're looking for on-ice actors with good core skating skills (spins, edging, spirals, etc.) You start by sending your resume to the company. If they're interested, they'll arrange an audition. I've seen some on YouTube and others have sent videos by email/DVD. In a few rare cases, they'll do a live audition while they're on tour in the skater's area, but that doesn't happen very frequently.

There's a lot of competition for the slots, so you do have to be extremely good at skating overall. If you have a particular odd skill, such as juggling or acrobatics on ice, that's a benefit.

There's a professional organization called the "Professional Skaters Cooperative," aka http://www.proskaters.org/ that posts up-to-date information about show opportunities and tryouts. Worth checking out if you're serious about becoming a show skater.

That's a really hard lifestyle - while you get to travel, you don't always have time to see much other than the bus or airport and arena, the pay is sort of low and you have to pay for your own expenses from it, not to mention sharing rooms and dealing with weigh-ins.

Good luck.

I had a live audition years ago when the show came to my town so I have some first hand experience about what is required. The main point I want to make is there are primary (principle roles) and chorus type roles. What people have been saying about having 2-axel and possibly some triples is true, if, you're going for principle. However, to make the cut for chorus (which is by no means an easy feat) does not require specific jumps of a skater. In fact, jumps and spins are the very last thing they review. In other words, they will know whether or not you're good enough to join the show before you ever do an axel or 2-lutz or flip, etc. Hopefully that's helpful a bit:]

I'm curious about the requirement listed on the Feld Entertainment, D.O.I. webpage, that skaters must be junior/senior level. Does this mean you need to be able to skate at the junior/senior level or are they saying you need to test and pass your Junior MITF and Free Tests?

• hare

Disney On Ice Auditions

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): requirements disney ice: https://biturl.im/YtbZ0

You should be a senior level skater. Meaning Senior freeskate, with at least a double flip. The disney on ice I went to they mainly did double toes and a few double flips. You send in a video of yourself skating doing all your jumps. (axel and above). Your good, fast spins and/or spin combos. And specialty moves like spirals, bauers, spread eagles. You could also show footwork. It be a good idea in your video to show pairs. And get a few pairs lessons because there is a lot of pairs in disney on ice. I'm no saying you have to go all out, just a few basic things. In the video i'd show your artistic side especially since it is an artistic show. Hope I helped good luck!

• .

It's pretty hard because a lot of amazing people audition. You need to be a senior level skater. Make sure your axels, double lutz, etc are good enough. Good luck!

You have to be 17 and graduated from high school, and junior or senior level. (You can pass senior freeskate without a double axel or triples, my friend passed it on her fourth or fifth try, and she's only landing up through double lutz. Her spins are amazing though, so that helped her pass.)

Anyways, you may be able to get in without landing triples, but your doubles would have to be very, very consistent (they would have to anyways, even if you have triples), and your spins would have to stand out.

A girl at my rink (she's landing double axels, triple salchows, toeloops, and loops) sent in her audition video, was called to audition when Disney On Ice was in our city to perform, and she was basically accepted in, but they had no spots open for her, not even a role as an alternate. You have to have a really unique skating style too, they want personality.

Looking at your other questions, you're only working on single axels and 14. For you to land your axel and get all your doubles consistent and potentially land some triples in the next 3-4 years before you graduate high school to have the slightest chance at being accepted into Disney On Ice, you would have to be a miracle skater. Talented and lucky skaters get their axel consistent in a couple months, the not-so-lucky ones can have been landing them for three years and not have it clean or consistent. Doubles are another story too. It took me about three years after I started learning axels to land up through my double lutz, and my doubles aren't all consistent still, one year after I first started landing my double lutz. Anyways, you don't have a very good chance of making it into Disney On Ice based on where you are now, but who knows. Don't focus on the future too much, just work on what you're doing now.

Edit: It's one thing to land all your singles minus axel in a year, but it's a completely different thing with doubles. If you see my most recent question, I landed my doubles, minus double axel, within a year and a half of landing my axel, but that was pretty fast progress compared to most skaters, I'm actually surprised at how fast I landed my doubles when it took me around 4 years after I started skating to land my axel. For doubles, landing them is one thing. And getting them clean? My double flips are usually a bit short on rotation, and my double lutzes are nearly always short of rotation. I have a friend who has all her doubles consistent now, and she's told me that she took about a year to land all her singles except axel, and she started skating when she was 7. So she's 15 now, and she's had her doubles consistent for around two years. That means it took her from when she was 8 until when she was 13 to land her axel and doubles, and get them consistent. Anyways, my point is, while you may be a fast learner, skaters that have moved up quickly typically slow way down when they get to doubles. I'm not trying to say you're a bad skater, I just don't like when people walk around in fairytale dream-land, thinking they're going to land a double axel two months after they learn a single. Johnny Weir being the exception to that.

Source(s): Figure skater, I know I probably won't make it into Disney On Ice if I try out once I graduate in 3 years because so few people get in.

I have heard that need to have both Senior tests and a clean double axle nowadays.

• Wayne

The skaters for that show are not amateurs. You must have a professional standing in skating and know that one you make it, you are competing every day. You are an artist