Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootballEnglish Football · 8 years ago

Do you think it is a odd thing for people to say Manchester City have brighter future then Manchester United?

Because what Manchester City are working towards Manchester United have already accomplished and more.

Yes we know Manchester City will now always be up there.

I mean Chelsea back in 2005 had a brighter future then Manchester United yes?..............rest is history.

Seems like a strange thing to say *Manchester City have a brighter future then Manchester United* because we all know Manchester United will always be up there challenging on all fronts.

For Manchester City they have a bright future sure bringing back their glory days of the 1960s but to say brighter future then Manchester United it just doesn't make sense, especially when we know that Manchester United will ALWAYS be up there challenging.

BTW

Do you think deep inside Nasri wishes he joined Manchester United instead of Manchester City?

Update:

@ J - no company/business has £0 debt! Mansour will do what Roman does at Chelsea and make Chelsea's revenue etc etc pay for player's wages etc etc then City will borrow money like Chelsea have been doing and other clubs do £30million+ a week ALONE on wages do you really believe Mansour and Roman pay those wages out of their OWN back pocket? think about it

10 Answers

Relevance
  • mark
    Lv 4
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

It's fairly simple really.FFP will clearly put a lid on City's spending.It will all be about the money clubs generate not what is handed to them.There is no way in the near future City will generate half of what United do.

As for United's debt.In January 2010 it was 716 million.200 million of that was high interest toxic debt.Today United's debt is 439 million.All the toxic debt has been paid off.In the last year the debt has fallen by about 80 million.Now it doesn't take a genius to work out at that rate United will be debt free in about four years or so.Debt free.Currently generating 150 million a season. Imagine the annual profit in four years.

The future is blue? Don't make me laugh.

• Login to reply the answers
  • lemke
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

i unquestionably choose guy city to win the league cuz guy Utd have gained it too many circumstances in the final 2 many years, in spite of if it quite is by using oil money on my own! i think of city will strengthen whilst Tevez comes back yet United will stay close to to them till the basically precise sport! So city for me...

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

I am Afraid its TRUE.

• Sam
    Lv 4
    8 years ago

well united started off their successful reign buy spending big in the 90's, so don't act like united have done it all without money, they had money when no one else had it back then, took fergie 4 years to win his first trophy at the club, he was one game away from getting the sack, bare that in mind, in this day and age no manager would get the chance to last that long trophyless.

maybe you should acknowledge this..... http://twitter.com/Jaydawes88/status/1886425244941...

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Clubs usually do well in cycles but Man appear to have been there for ever. Man City do not have a similar history and their present period of relative success is built on the investment of a Middle Eastern benefactor. In real terms United is the richer club and I cannot see Man City ever catching them up. They are very much like Chelsea who have little support away from their established fan base. Although Liverpool are in the doldrums they are more like United in established terms. I have been a supporter of Everton for over half a century and in my eyes they are as good a club as any in the Premiership but they lack the financial bite of the front runners.

• 8 years ago

Yearrrr

• 8 years ago

"Because what Manchester City are working towards Manchester United have already accomplished and more"

Brilliantly put. I agree. Well said black man.

• '
    Lv 4
    8 years ago

Brighter Future means Man City gets better and better while

Man U gets more distant from Man City and cannot cope

While you say "Man U will ALWAYS be up there challenging" nothing is guaranteed when a club is in debt

How can a club who is in debt have a bright future?

Source(s): LOL why would Mansour want to borrow money when he has billions and billions! I am pretty sure there are many companies WORLDWIDE with ZERO debt! Every business has different practices does not mean because Roman and Sheik Mansour are very wealthy that they employ the same strategy for their clubs. hahaha and if you think Finacial Fair Play will get rid of Man City's spending think again! Every wealthy club will find a way to get around it as how can you tell a business how much they will be spending? For example Madrid are building a billion dollar Island in Asia to improve there profits so they can spend more on players and get around Finacial Fair Play.
  • 8 years ago

I'd just like to point out to those people that the Financial Fair Play rules come into affect soon.

Bye City.

Bye Chelsea.

• When ffp rules kick in, man city will implode. MAN UTD ALWAYS HAVE TALENTED YOUNGSTERS FOR THE FUTURE AS WELL.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.