Last week some people came to my door asking for donations for someone with 'leukemia'?

i told them 'i won't give you any money but i'll pray for you'. they got angry and started going on about how god doesn't like people who are greedy and started talking about a bunch of bs from the bible. after this day i haven't been getting any mail, which is extremely weird because i get mail everyday. i also think they are tampering with the trash cans in the front yard because yesterday someone apparently kicked it in the middle of the street littering everything that was in it all over. there was also a dent in it that i won't be able to get out. what can i do to get these crazy people to stop harassing me. i haven't done anything wrong. all i did was try to help someone by praying and this is the thanks i get? this is horrible.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

ive seen it before, many condemn prayer without works.

ive heard that healing and prayer and fasting go hand in hand and when a man is healed, there is a cost to the power of the spirit within Him. i cost that takes away virtue, as it says in the bible, when jesus knew not the woman who had touched him, he asked all of them saying his virture/power had diminished.

door to door soliciting for funds is probably not the best way to get money. i would put an ad on tv or radio. it might have been a scam. at the very least, Using the postal service and sending out flyers in the paper would be more profitable.

but to condemn someone who offers prayer i would think its almost hypocricy considering many people dont have a job or can barely pay the rent from month to month. there is just not a whole lot of extra income even in the homes where people can keep all they earn and the materials they own.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 8 years ago

FYI, tampering with mail is against the law. (So is property damage, for that matter.) Call the police, report the situation; I rather think the above idea about having the area under video surveillance isn't a bad idea, especially if this continues happening. For sure make the report, though, so that if something more severe happens in the future, you'll at least have the initial complaint on the record.

If you are sure that your mail is being tampered with, you can have the post office hold your mail for pickup. Annoying and not the least bit convenient, but you also don't want to miss any important bills or the like.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

My bullsh*t detector is going off.

• Vin
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

Troll

Just like The Borg of “Star Trek” fame,

They sweep across all cyber space.

These trolls and spammers:

Pandemic viral plagues,

Trying to sell their

Knock-off goods.

They tease the forum-dwellers

With their subterfuge

And guile.

False avatars surround us.

Like Borg their casualties

Are instantly replaced.

Clone follows clone.

These trolls pretend to help us

With our “faults”

But lead us down the garden path

To Hell!

They reconfigure their defences

No matter what we do.

Even pretend to be us.

Whoever they are –

We haven’t got a clue.

Spammers and Trolls we hate them.

Such a waste of space!

Literally!

Yes.

Complete Disgrace.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

call the police!

• Jon
    Lv 4
    8 years ago

Your best bet would be to set up a security cam aimed at the area in question. If you get something, take it to police.

• 8 years ago

Idk. Pray and give.

just love Jesus.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

It's because both of you really know that prayer doesn nothing and you're just being a cheapskate

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

you should of just given them 5 dollars. praying does not stop leukemia.

• FROG E
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

Call the police

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.