Should I try for a Dept. Manager position? (Wal-Mart)?

I've been debating for months on whether or not I should try to get a Department Manager position at Wal-Mart. Pros: I'd be working Monday through Friday, 7-4, pretty consistent, right? Unless I was asked to work nights or something, it'd be a guaranteed 40 hours a week, which would mean I could get... show more I've been debating for months on whether or not I should try to get a Department Manager position at Wal-Mart.

Pros:
I'd be working Monday through Friday, 7-4, pretty consistent, right? Unless I was asked to work nights or something, it'd be a guaranteed 40 hours a week, which would mean I could get my own place and car.

Cons: My department (Garden Center) has seen about 5 different Dept. Managers come and go in the time I've been there. (1 year) So I'm wondering, maybe I should just stay an associate? Every associate there dreads becoming a Dept. Manager, saying it's too stressful.

What should I do? Another Dept. Manager just left, and now is the time to decide.
Update: Another con is I'd have to drop 2 classes that I'm currently taking to take it. But I'm 23 and still living with the mom.