Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Eric B
Lv 5
Eric B asked in SportsBasketball · 9 years ago

NBA: Lamar Odom leaves Mavericks?

Well,

Q 1. Sports media wires are reporting Lamar Odom has left the Dallas Mavericks?

Q 2. Will he now rejoin the Lakers?

Q 3. Did Odom intentionally pout his way out of Big D?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

1. He hasn't left his contract, but he won't be playing any more games with them, which is a big step toward officially leaving the Mavericks.

2. No idea on this one. I don't think his career is done yet, but the Lakers were really the only team that could get him to play at his best...see #3 for more details.

3. I don't think so - at least not primarily. The single biggest reason for his crappy performance in Big D was his attitude and emotional strength of a 6 year old. He always had the talent, but never the work ethic or mental/emotional strength. That's why he was traded to LA in the first place. It takes a special kind of environment to bring out the best in Odom - the shining lights of LA, some success, and a great social life. Of course, there's always the possibility that the Lakers could do so again, but there's going to be bad blood to overcome first - who knows whether Odom is still crying over his old Lakers uniform? Simply put, Odom is more deserving of the nickname Big Baby than Glen Davis, and nobody - not even Odom - knows where his career will take him next. He could go overseas for all we know.

• 9 years ago

Finally! Could not stand him! He brought the team down so much.

Q1: Yes...

Q2: Nope

Q3: Nope he just sucks. Too emotional and no motivation.

• 9 years ago

1) Yes

2) No I dont think he would, he probably go to the clippers

3) Yes

• LOBBIN
    Lv 5
    9 years ago

Yes, yes, yes

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

I thought Mavs list Odom as inactive.

q1. this morning ESPN radio said Mavs list Odom as Inactive

didn't waive him just yet.

q2. he probably won't join the lakers cus the of the cap space

or he wanted to. he probably will join clippers for a lower pay just

because his reality show.

q3. He never wanted to play in Dallas, he just felt back stab when

Lakers wanted to trade him. he want to make the Lakers made by

request a trade to dallas (the team swept the Lakers last season)

but he never wanted to play for them, he don't know how to fit in

and the team is in a mess after 3 key players left with no off season

to practice.

• 9 years ago

Well he cant just leave and expect to be picked up by another team. He's still under contract. But I don't blame him for wanting out he hadnt done anything since the Lakers let him go.

• Ben
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

Q1 Yes

Q2, He cannot play for the lakers until December 2012 (one full year from the trade)

Q3. Yes he is a baby

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.