My son is 3yrs old and still babbles. is it because hes bilingual?

hi my son just turned 3 on February 2012 before when he just turned 2 he use to make noises for me to give him something now he points and says the word ese trying to say it in Spanish. English means (that). or he says Ethan no stop it! and also says eat when hungry and pipi when he has to go and says please, thank... show more hi my son just turned 3 on February 2012 before when he just turned 2 he use to make noises for me to give him something now he points and says the word ese trying to say it in Spanish. English means (that). or he says Ethan no stop it! and also says eat when hungry and pipi when he has to go and says please, thank you, bless you, excuse me, goodnight bye, see you later. i love you. HUG. but babbles in between as well.
he understands in both languages English and Spanish but he still babbles. he says some sentences complete but sometimes other's is just a word then he babbles is this normal at this age? the doctor didn't say anything about his speech when he had his physical 3 weeks ago. my sister n law says its because i don't read him to many books and starts comparing him to other children who knows how to speak at 2 and says because they read books everyday. and my sister says its because he is learning to speak two different languages. i really want to know which one is true.