Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootball (American) · 8 years ago

50 yard field goal attempt on a wet field in a tie game. 1-10, how confident are you that your kicker makes it?

• David
    Favorite Answer

Matt Prater is great under pressure. Without him, the Broncos would not have made the playoffs. If it's in Denver, I give him a 9. Any other stadium, a 7. Certainly if it came down to it, I'd rather have him try to kick a field goal than throw a Hail Mary.

About 1-1.5. Lawrence Tynes can barely hit 45. Let alone 50, on a wet field.

Unless of course the Super Bowl is on the line, then it would be about a 9.5.

• Levi

Succop has really stepped his game up. If it wasn't for 1 missed 53 yard attempt and a few blocked ones, he would've been perfect his year.

He makes a lot of good kicks from 50+ yards out. I will be generous and give him an 8.

• DB-C

About an 8, now a 18 yard FG indoor, then I'm worried, Lawrence Tynes is a strange kicker, he makes hard kicks, and screw up the easy ones.

Like a 2.

6. Hanson's good but he's getting up there in age. And honestly, there's maybe 1 or 2 other kickers I would trust more than Hanson in that same situation.

• AK-47

9 Matt Bryant has made some great clutch kicks in his time especially in the 2010 season

1 or a 2 maybe...

Source(s): Alabama vs. LSU regular season game 2011.....
  • Chaos

Is 0 a option?

Nick Folk would probably slip before kicking it....

4. Pressure is at its highest, the opposing team most likely called a timeout to ice him, and he might slip a bit on the release.