Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 9 years ago

Crossdressing fetish? Or something more?

I am a 20 year old heterosexual male. Since I was twelve years old, I have had a certain interest in wearing girls' / women's clothing. The thought of dressing up in such clothing, wearing make-up and perfume, and engaging in feminine behavior arouses me sexually; I masturbate almost exclusively to this idea and material. I don't understand it. I don't identify myself as transgendered or homosexual, nor do I have many "feminine" characteristics - I am a hairy and overweight nerd, more or less.

This is a very sensitive issue and no one that I know of knows about this (hence my use of an alias). I cannot go a day without... humping (yeah, I don't masturbate in the traditional sense; maybe that's another issue that needs to be addressed) to the idea of wearing women's clothing - even their more "masculine" pieces like jeans. As I said before, this is not a recent development - it's been going on since I was twelve years old.

It's embarrassing and humiliating and I don't know how I feel about it. Sometimes I think I'd love to live "as a girl" - I'd remain a heterosexual male but would otherwise identify as a girl. Other times, especially after masturbating (or humping, as I indicated earlier), I have an overwhelming surge of masculinity and wonder why I would ever want to be anything other than the fat, hairy guy I am now - I honestly do take a lot of pride in my body hair.

I guess... my reaction to this is very bipolar. Sometimes I want it more than anything else, other times I just wish it would go away. Could someone please help me? I've gone eight long years without getting an opinion on this... Hopefully now someone can give me a little bit of feedback.

Thank you!

• Dr. D
    Favorite Answer

This is a fetish. Its a small problem. Don't let it become a big problem. Most psychologists don't consider it a problem as long as you keep it under control.

Stage 1: During your early childhood you overvalued females. This could mean that you just liked females and feared males, or you thought females were virtuous and males were vile. Or, it could mean you thought society favored girls over boys, and girls had it better in life than boys. Or, it could just mean that you were attracted to pretty shiny things, pink girls things, fingernail polish, etc. and adults all told you, "that's for girls". In any event you just thought your gender was inferior. All this was just getting you set for the next stage.

Stage 2: You hit puberty and your hormones are flowing. Now you are attracted to girls. You are all alone in the house and you see some feminine clothing and you experiment with them. Suddenly you feel a rush of excitement, sexual stimulation, and satisfaction. Its all in your brain. Your brain is now hard-wired to respond to cross-dressing just as if you are in contact with a female. When you feminize yourself your brain thinks contact with a female, and releases a host of neurotransmitters. The neurotransmitters produce sensations of well-being, pleasure, sexual gratification and self-identity. It affects the reward centers of your brain, instant gratification, and thus it mimics the addiction response.

Stage 3: You are maturing and you don't feel the same rush as your early cross-dressing years. Cross-dressers say its not a sexual thing. Many say its just makes them feel comfortable. They also have to go further and take greater risks to keep their level of neurotransmitters high. Cross-dressers are more interested in enhancing their feminine side. Most get married and just keep their cross-dressing limited and private. Some guys are more interested in nursing their fetish than anything else.

Most cross-dressers are normal, healthy, heterosexual men. They know they men. They want a girlfriend and they hope to get married someday. So they learn to keep their cross-dressing limited and private. Just set your own limits that you can live with, and stick to that. That's cool. Remember this mimics the addiction response, so keep it under control. You'll be fine.

• albelo

Crossdressing Fetish

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/axfrG

With any girl you date, it will ultimately be about how you conduct yourself when revealing to her about your fetish for crossdressing. It's important that you don't reveal to her this in a untasteful way. When you feel the time is right, have a talk with her about the whole kinds and turn-on's. Let her know how you feel, and let her choose when and if she wants to see it. Compared to other fetishes, it really is a tame one, and there are girls out there who do like it.

Here's my take. Put it out there first and foremost. Rather than stumbling upon it later why not just make it something that's known before you know whether or not you even like them. Basically get it out of the way and see what happens. Who knows maybe she likes wearing a strap on under her clothes. I'm not going to call this odd but it will put you in some interesting situations. I would also suggest that you don't try to diminish your urge as that will only wind up self destructing. Be you and I'm sure that someone will get you and be able to be supportive.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

I am a 20 year old heterosexual male. Since I was twelve years old, I have had a certain interest in wearing girls' / women's clothing. The thought of dressing up in such clothing, wearing make-up and perfume, and engaging in feminine behavior arouses me sexually; I masturbate almost...

Source(s): crossdressing fetish more: https://biturl.im/EeSRl