John asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 8 years ago

What is the pros and cons of autobiography style writing?

What is the pros and cons of autobiography style writing for history telling.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Autobiography is not a style so much as a testament of authorship. It means it was written by the person it is about, and it is only about that one person. If you mean to ask what the pros and cons are of first person storytelling.

Pro:

The story is easier to relate to.

It allows characterization through internal observation. We learn about the character through his thoughts.

You can use a character's lack of knowledge to create suspense for the reader.

Cons:

Unless you are telling the story from the perspective of multiple characters (ala Game of Thrones)

The audience only gets to experience one narrative, the experiences of the main character.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 8 years ago

The biggest con, in my opinion, is that an autobiography is just one person's view of events in their life. Nobody else to add another perspective or viewpoint to that person's actions or attitudes. So it's often a one sided narrative.

The pro is you get to see exactly how the person saw and felt about events.

• 3 years ago

No. not my renowned participant's. some lesser huge-unfold gamers have lived with the aid of some loopy **** - those are the autobiographies i could examine.. i could examine DJ M'Benga's autobiography. He replaced into born in a detention center in his homestead u . s . a . and replaced into going to be achieved, and his dad forfeited his freedom so he and his brother must be released... or something like that.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.