Last name suggestions please?

Hi,

My mother died last year and now I want to cut all ties to my horrible, abusive father.

I have his(their) last name and since my mom isn't around anymore I've decided to change it.

Please do not suggest getting married.

I can't marry a man just to get his last name.

This decision is well thought through so please don't try to talk me out of it.

Thank you.

So far I have these:

Montgomery

Williams

Turner

Sinclair

Parker

Evans

Hamilton

Woods

Hall

Hill

Roberts

Sparks

Harris

Brooks

Cohen

Davis

Wentworth

Hudson

Divine

Heart

Anderson

Jones

Smith

Cooper

Miller

Ford

Winters

Summers

Hunter

Johnson

Kendall

Jackson

Newman

Turner

Faye

Westbrook

Washington

Allen

Mason

Osbourne

Pearl

Dunst

Little(ton)

West

Taylor

Garner

Reynolds

Davenport

Shelley

Bennett

Price

Watson

Sullivan

Cole

Carpenter

Richards

I definitely don't want to be the only ones with that name so please only suggest names that are popular or at least you definitely know they exist.

Thank you all in advance. :)

Oh and... my name isn't Pixie, it's just a username! Thanks guys :)

Hi Tracy, thanks for your answer but like I said I don't want to have anything to do with my father and I don't want him to be able to find me after I move away, and since I'm not changing my first name believe me he WILL find me if I just go back to my mom's maiden name.

Favorite Answer

I did exactly this myself, and for the same reason. I legally changed my last name to my mother's maiden name. You should have seen the look on my father's face when I told him. One of the most satisfactory moments in my life!

And for all you people who are about to judge daughters like us, let me tell you this: these men NEVER change. My father died of cancer on 1st March this year. Even on his dying bed, he was saying and trying to do things to me.

Good on you for making a stand for yourself like this! Far from talking you out of it, I want you to do it. You will feel even better than you imagine you will.

If you don't want to take your Mum's maiden name, I suggest you pick a name that makes you feel beautiful and special and strong and capable and worthy and feminine and gorgeous and courageous and all the things he didn't make you feel.

Divine, Heart, Pearl, Sparks, those kinds of names are my favourites. Put it out to the world that the best thing about you is the first thing people hear about you.

Good luck and God bless you a thousand-fold for what you've been through, yet come out a wonderful decent person.

Last Name Suggestions

The most obvious (and emotionally satisfying) choice is your mother's maiden name.

It's really difficult to choose a surname without having some idea of the first & middle names.

You seem to favor British names with the occasional Jewish and Irish names thrown in.

Of your choices, I favor Montgomery for a longer name and Price for a shorter name.

Other British surnames that you might find appealing are

Barrett

Beckham

Bradford

Clark

Cornell

Cross

Dixon

Easton

Elliott

Fairchild

Fletcher

Garrett

Harrison

Hudson

Kendrick

Lockwood

Marshall

Merritt

Perry

Radcliffe

Rowland

Sanford

Spalding

Spencer/Spenser

Stafford

Thorne

Tobin

Travers

Warwick

Winchester

Yates

Good luck to you.

• Cali

Daniels

Collins

Nichols

Micheals

Johnson

Carmichael

McKinley

Kennedy

Carter

Williams

Lange

Oldman

Stone

Good

Fox

Hanson

Jameson

Adler

Mitchell

Matthews

Anderson

Smith

O'Connell

St. Claire

Armstrong

Parker

Mosby

Hope I helped! and good luck!

Im so sorry about your situation.

I dont think anyone would suggest you get married just to change your name!

I think it really depends on your first name!

Why not use your mothers maiden name? that way you have a name which actually means something to you and it is a way of honoring her!

I like all those surnames except Davenport(sounds pretentious). Shelley, like the first name, sounds common! I dislike Turner.

What about:

Potter

Jameson

Good for you for taking a stand against your abusive father! How about you use your mother's original last name in her honor? If you really want to use your mother's last name and don't want him to find you, you could get a restraining order but that would be a lot of work so it is probably simpler to just use a common last name.

If you want a popular alst name, go for Smith, Parker, Jones or Johnson

If you you don't want to use your mum's maiden name then the names I personally like best from your list are:

Sparks

Faye (I also like this as a first name :P)

Westbrook

Price

You might also consider:

Lincoln

Scott

Campbell

Bailey

Good luck with whatever you choose :)

• Hannah

I love Bennett, Montgomery, Hudson, Watson, and Evans! What about Perry, Devereaux, Lincoln, O'Neil, Thompson, Adams, Reed, Crawford, Kennedy, Shaw, Holmes, or Nichols? You can find other common last names here: http://names.mongabay.com/most_common_surnames.htm

I like Sinclair. It sounds very feminine. You could also use a family name from your mothers side. Maybe you could do some genealogy research and find one you really like but also has sentimental meaning. Sorry about your loss and hope I helped

Hello,

How about your Mums maiden name?

Good Luck.x