When will cons admit that Bush stole the 2000 election?

Popular vote:

Al Gore = 48.38%

George W. Bush = 47.87%

Ralph Nader = 2.74%

Pat Buchanan = 0.43%

Harry Browne = 0.36%

Howard Phillips = 0.09%

John Hagelin = 0.08%

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_preside...

18 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Sigh- get educated on the process.

• 8 years ago

Who gets elected is NOT based on the popular vote, it's based on the number of electors a candidate wins from each state or territory. The rules were known to all parties going into the general election. They are the same rules that have been around for 235 years. "Cons" will not admit anything since nobody stole anything. Even Gore didn't go this far in his complaints. His was limited to the Florida election.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

'

Ever hear of Rutherford B Hayes? Ever hear of President Benjamin Harrison? Have you ever heard of the Electoral College?

Ever hear of the Constitution? The presidency was meant to be little more than a referee position using the veto to coax congress into re-thinking issues if the pres thought it a good idea. We did NOT want a monarchy.

So, the president was not to have the "consent of the governed" as this would give him/her "just powers". THAT honor was reserved to the House of Representatives ONLY.

Even our senators were not voted for by the People. The problem is that there were supposed to be no more than 40,000 people per representative. That language was changed at the last minute of the Constitutional Convention leading to what we have today: over 700,000 people per representative.

We don't have a viable system of representation. And IF the pres were elected directly, it would help NOTHING in terms of self-governance.

• lawver
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

human beings say that because Gore extremely had the most votes, yet Bush had the most electoral votes. If the ideally suited courtroom hadn't stopped the recounts, it really is achieveable that Gore might want to have taken Florida, and hence had extra electoral votes. So technically, the ideally suited courtroom stopped the recounts on the point even as George Bush had Florida.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

When will liberals admit that Gore conceded the election the night before this mess broke out? Oh and it was the democrats that tried to violate State law by holding a recount in 3 counties and trying to count ballots that had been thrown out.

• 8 years ago

Ever hear of the electoral college. You can win the election and still have fewer votes than the other candidate!

• 8 years ago

This is a foolish question. The US presidency is not decided by popular vote. It is decided by win or lose votes in 50 separate state elections. Wake up and read a little once in a while.

Source(s): US Constitution.
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

When Libs admit that JFK's daddy bought the election for his son in 1960

Both parties are fraud

Source(s): F--k Obama and Bush
  • Mark
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

I'm conservative-leaning, and I voted for Bush that year. I won't "admit" that the election was stolen, but I do wholeheartedly agree that Al Gore had *something* stolen from him -- the right to find out whether or not he might have actually won. That was stolen from him by the US Supreme Court.

• ?
    Lv 6
    8 years ago

He won the electoral vote but not the popular vote. It has happened 3 other times in US history.

Source(s): USN MT(SS)
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

You seem confused about how presidential elections work in the United States.

Here, I hope this helps:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_elector...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.