how do I register for the license plate and where?

So I dont need a License to drive 50 cc Scooter in Chicago , but I need to register for license plate and get insured , but where do I have to register for License plate?

1 Answer

  • Favorite Answer

    The Electronic Registration and Title (ERT) System allows you to complete and print an Application for Vehicle Transaction(s) (VSD 190). In order to complete your transaction, you must take your completed application, required supporting documentation and payment to your local Driver Services facility within seven days. You also may submit your paperwork and payment (check or money order only) by mail to the following address:

    Secretary of State

    Vehicle Services Department

    ERT Section, Rm. 698

    501 S. Second St.

    Springfield, IL. 62756

    The ERT System may be used for the following transactions (mobile homes excluded):

    • Title

    • Title and Transfer

    • Title and Registration (passenger, b-truck (8,000 or less) only)

    • Corrected Title

    Any transaction involving the transfer of a motor vehicle from one person(s) to another must be accompanied by a completed Tax Form RUT-50 (Private Party Vehicle Tax Transaction). Individuals moving to Illinois who have purchased a vehicle from an out-of-state licensed dealer must submit a completed Tax Form RUT-25 (Vehicle Use Tax Transaction Return).Tax payments must be in the form of a separate check or money order payable to Illinois Department of Revenue.

    Disclaimer: This Web site is provided for individuals to expedite the processing of certain motor vehicle transactions by completing the Application for Vehicle Transaction(s) in advance of visiting a Driver Services facility. Unauthorized access or use is prohibited. Accuracy is the responsibility of the person entering the information into the system. Failure to adequately ensure that proper information is provided is not the responsibility of the Office of the Illinois Secretary of State or the Vehicle Services Department.

    The documents listed below may be used with any of the four ERT transactions. Title Only, Title and Registration and Title and Transfer transactions require Use Tax Returns. Corrected, Duplicate and Duplicate/Corrected Title transactions do not require Use Tax Returns.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.