What is the quickest, cheapest route from Laguardia airport to the Beacon Theater in New York City?!!?

Help! I need specific instructions in order to make the Further concert on time the 13th!

Best Answer

My friend, the cheapest quickest way is by public transit. Here's how to get from LGA to the Beacon.

Step 1: purchase a $4.50 pay per ride (regular) MetroCard or a 7-day unlimited ride MetroCard for $29 from any Hudson News stand at the airport or from the MetroCard Vending Machines located within the airport terminals, and take the M60 bus from the airport to the Astoria Blvd subway station.

Please note: The MetroCard Vending Machines at LGA only accepts credit and debit cards. If you preferred not to use your credit or debit card at the airport, there is a change machine right next to the MetroCard Vending Machines that will change dollars bills to coins for the bus.

Step 2: at the Astoria Blvd subway station, transfer to the Manhattan-bound (westbound) "N" or "Q" subway lines (Yellow Line on the map). Take either line from Astoria Blvd to Times Square. The transfer between the bus and the subway at the Astoria Blvd subway station is free.

Step 3: at Times Square, transfer upstairs to the uptown 1, 2 or 3 subway line (Red Line), which will take you from there to 72nd Street.

Step 4: at 72nd Street, exit the subway and follow the walking directions to the Beacon Theater on the map at the link below. The theater is located on Broadway and 74th Street.

I hope this information is very helpful.

Good luck

Native New Yorker

Source(s): http://mta.info/nyct/maps/submap.htm (printable subway map) http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Broadway%2FVerdi... (walking direction from subway station to the Beacon Theater)

Native New Yorker gave you mass transit directions, I'll give you the driving directions that I'd use.

From LaGuardia, take the RFK/Triboro Bridge into the Bronx, follow signs to I-87 North/Major Deegan Expressway. Look for Mosholu Pkwy, take that to the Saw Mill River Pkwy. Take the Saw Mill to the Taconic State Pkwy, and that to I-84 West. The last exit on I-84 before the Newburgh-Beacon Bridge will leave you in Beacon.

Take a cab.