Does acne effect the chances of you becoming a famous actor?

So I have acne, it isn't that bad at all, I don't really have spots as such just... well its hard to explain. But say I wanted to become a famous actor (I know big dream, there is a lot more to it but I can't be bothered to explain it now) and was in an agency (which I am atm) and I had pictures up on a website for producers to see, would the fact that I have acne effect anything.

I mean I don't get how Ever Single famous actor has perfect skin. Sure in movies they have make up on but even in picures of them walking out of their house to put rubbish in the bin they have perfect skin. I'm not really too focused on older actors but you actors like 10-19 years old, their skin is always perfect. I get that when they are like 10 they won't really have it but the NEVER do.

It pisses me off so much. I'm a boy and I'm thirteen years old and I want to be an actor but I look horrible compared to any other teenage actor.

Why is this. Sure some of them will just have perfect skin but its not possible that they all do. Do directors just look out for kids with perfect skin.

I am literally tearing myself apart here!

Best Answer

Do you have any clue as to how many famous actors have terrible skin? Acne is apart of life for some ppl. Sometimes the stage makeup they use for movies and theatre can make your skin break out. Relax. If it bothers you so much seek a dermatologist. Those actors you talk about do not have perfect skin. Ever heard of editing and a good makeup artist? Why do you think they have so many celebs doing proactive commercials? Some of them do get acne, but they don't use proactive. Plus its a money making thing. Even Justin beiber gets acne, but they hid it with makeup and he has a great dermatologist.

There are lots of working actors. Relatively few of them become famous. But that's OK really, because it's the job of acting you want to do, right, not necessarily be famous, right? And there are lots of ways to get there. Have you ever seen Home Improvement, Seinfeld or Everybody Loves Raymond? Those lead actors didn't study drama. They were stand up comics who essentially learned how to act so they could do their comedy on TV. As you say, you are only 15, so if your high school has a drama course or club, join. When you go to college, take acting and drama classes and do college performances.

Moxy In Auf Wiedershien Pet had terrible acne and he has done many films since.

I'm sure acne would not be an issue if you had the necessary talent.

Don't stress about it. Even if it really gets bad, they have so many things to help your skin and make it 'perfect.' My advice is, before it starts scarring, don't pick at your face and go to a dermatologist to get medication to help it.