Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootballSpanish Football · 8 years ago

putting to bed the messi/ ronaldo debate; why is messi so much better than ronaldo?

putting to bed the messi/ ronaldo debate; why is messi so much better than ronaldo?

he's not!!! people say messi is "GOD", i say ronaldo is God and always have done for the past 4 to 5 years, people say messi is better than ronaldo, i say why?? cristiano ronaldo is a far more complete football player than any other player both past and present, that's a definate. people say messi is more consistant but did anybody watch ronaldo when he was at man united and has anybody watched ronaldo this season at all?? messi is perhaps better than ronaldo at maybe a couple of things, dribbling when running with the ball and maybe the odd cheeky clever goal here and there, but that's it, having said that though, ronaldo has scored some of the best goals i have ever seen in my life, evry bit as good as messi's, if not better, and the tricks and skills ronaldo has when he's dribbling is far better than anything ive ever seen messi do, so if ronaldo has more dribbling tricks with the ball than messi, that's a skill better ronaldo has that messi does not, and what are the skills exactly that messi possesses that ronaldo has not got?? messi scores great goals, so does ronaldo, both messi and ronaldo are crazy with the ball at there feet, messi runs circles around the whole defence and maybe ronaldo does'nt take the whole defence on like messi does but then again you could say messi does not possess the tricks that ronaldo has, it could literally go on forever.... ronaldo is a great header of the ball, messi is okay at heading the ball, messi probably is better at tackling although neither really slide-tackle that often, ronaldo is probably stronger than messi but i will admit that messi does stay on his feet alot more often than diving ronaldo but hey i love diving in football so who cares really?? ronaldo and messi are equally as fast, maybe messi just wins it but slightly, ronaldo and messi have great ball control and great ball skills, messi is definately more conistant at keeping the ball but that's jus because he does not take risks like ronaldo does and show-boat any tricks but that's just because he does not have any like ronaldo does, yes, ronaldo is a show-boater and sometimes looses the ball when doing his tricks but it's still entertaining to watch, messi is basic when dribbling past players but is the best player ever lived at doing it, and i do admit that is evry bit as great to watch as ronaldo's show-boating, it's far more consistant but is it really as entertaining?? both are genius's at passing the ball, aswell as creating goals and scoring goals but overall ronaldo just appears to be more complete than messi, maybe not a better football player, but ronaldo just seems to bring more to the game, messi is more basic, they're equally as consistent, so therefore in my opinion a more all-round player is the better player, ronaldo is in 'my' opinion a better player than messi, and if not, i'm still waiting to here why messi is so much better than roanldo?? is it just me that thinks the whole hype of messi being so much better than ronaldo is a complete joke or am i living on a completely different planet here? the messi hype over-shadowing ronaldo's greatness is just killing me.

Update:

sv88, clearly you are a yank, am i correct? you start off with a stat, then ruin your life by saying something that comes straight from your own 'i do not have a dahm fricken clue about football, yes football not soccer- chem-trailed dumb-azz american head' like, "messi and ronaldo are probably two of the best players in the game or atleast up there somewhere"?? are you mad bro'?? messi and ronaldo ARE THE TWO BEST PLAYERZ IN DA WORLD YOU D1CK!!!!! i hate americanz with passion :)

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago
    Best Answer

Messi is much better because he's by far a better thinker than Ronaldo on on the pitch.

• 8 years ago

I am a Madrid fan and think Ronaldo has been having an incredible season this year. His average number of goals per game lately is 2, and he's going to beat his record of goals from last year. With that said, Barcelona is a really good team too and I think Messi is a amazing soccer player as well. Ronaldo and Messi can probably be considered the worlds top two players, or at least high up there. They're each slightly different and I guess it depends which club you like better.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

If we found out who exsctly is the best between the two, then what are we going to do or gain after that? Nothing! So lets stop making fun of ourselves over some stupid useless debates like this one!

Messi is better than Cristiano but this season CR7 has being on fire and i think he has surpass Messi when it comes to performance, I hope Cristiano wins the Pichichi award aswell as the Fifa Ballon d'or...

• 8 years ago

Simple as this, when is the last time ronaldo was compared to the greats of all time?

When is the last time Messi was compared to the greats of all time?

Source(s): Messi is and will always be better than Ronaldo.
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

It really depends on your preference (or club).

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.