How come my turtle wont eat his chicken parm?

My friend works at a tree company who chops down trees. he always bringing me home turtles that lost there homes where they used to live in the woods. Im trying to be nice buy giving them a home and taking care of them but i have no idea what they eat and how to take care of them. I drop peices of chicken parm and... show more My friend works at a tree company who chops down trees. he always bringing me home turtles that lost there homes where they used to live in the woods. Im trying to be nice buy giving them a home and taking care of them but i have no idea what they eat and how to take care of them. I drop peices of chicken parm and pasta down in there tank but they wont eat it. I cook myself dinner and i cook for them to. I figuure they eat what i eat. tonight i poured a sprit down his shell and droped some ice cream on his head and he just hides in his shell like a coward. How is he soposed to thrive and live when he wont eat. I refuse to buy trutle food. he either eats what i eat or else. does any one kno any food i can cook him that they like?
4 answers 4