Why is it easy to sway a person into a religion, but it is harder to sway others?

I'm Secular Humanist myself (obviously), but I just want every ones opinions on why it would either be hard or easy to sway someone to join a religion, or why it would be hard.

• Sally
    Best Answer

I think the types of people that are easily swayed into joining a religion are not satisfied with their lives as it is. They cannot accept the fact that this is it, lifes tough etc etc. So they look for other answers somewhere else to define reality. People who do not need religion are better at coping with life. Religion is a crutch for the weak to lean on, it becomes like a drug that people depend on for happiness.

It would depend on the person. Maybe if they're trying to find themself you could convince them to change. Also, if someone is unhappy with their current religion you could show them how your's is better. Otherwise, people are pretty much set in their ways.