Is the Confederate flag offensive to any group of people?

I feel like if you have anything with the flag on it you just like the south, but someone the other day told me they found it offensive because its anti-black. I don't think it represents that. What do you think?

• Favorite Answer

There are a lot of stupid people that don't fact check in the world and they love to latch onto the idea that EVERYTHING is racist...

The funny thing is that while some racists do use the confederate flag meaning it in a racist way, a majority of people that fly the flag do it because of Southern Cultural Pride, not racism and that there are many non-whites that fly the flag for reasons from the aforementioned cultural pride to just being fans of history.

My lawyer friend is obsessed with the Civil War and is even writing a book on Civil War History and he flies a Confederate Flag along side the American Flag because he's a history buff.

He's a city boy that has NEVER left the city for more than a weekend and doesn't really hate anyone that didn't make him hate them, personally, yet some jack holes would call him a racist.

That's sad.

Want to know what is even sadder? The myth that the Civil War was about slavery... When it wasn't... It was about MONEY and how the Economy of the North couldn't survive without the materials from the farms/plantations of the south.

ALL those textile factories and mills would go under if the South refused to sell to the North.

"Slavery" was a convenient excuse for Lincoln, a racist himself, to declare an illegal war to prevent the South from Succeeding.

°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º° ø¤º°`°º¤ø °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º° ø¤º°`°º¤ø

Abraham Lincoln: Liar, Racist, Tyrant.

http://www.squidoo.com/abraham-lincoln

Don't get me wrong... Slavery is evil and a festering wound on the face of humanity... But the way that people have been spoon fed pap about it being about slavery and nothing else is sickening.

▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼ ▼

PLEASE... Everyone that reads this.... I beg of you... WATCH THE PBS DOCUMENTARY ON ABRAHAM LINCOLN!!!

▲ ▲ ▲ ▲ ▲ ▲ ▲ ▲ ▲ ▲ ▲ ▲ ▲ ▲ ▲

Looking for Lincoln | PBS

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/lookingforlincoln/

It tells the full, unadulterated, unaltered history of his life from birth to death... And since it's PBS, it's accurate and a reliable source for information!

Source(s): P.S. Check out PBS "God In America: A Timeline" http://www.pbs.org/godinamerica/timeline/ and skip ahead to the mid 1800's and you'll see that the reason that the Protestant Church split up into Protestants and Baptists is because the Baptists SUPPORTED SLAVERY! So all of you black American baptists are part of an organization that only exists because they wanted you to stay slaves and 2nd class citizens.

I am embarrassed by the Confederate flag, somwhat like a german national would be embarrassed by a swastika. It does not represent the best and highest purpose of mankind, that's for darned sure.