Is an ABF a good job in the Navy?

I just came back from my second MEPS visit and I signed to be an Aviation Boatswain Mate-Fuel. I had gone the first time and scored a 92 on the ASVAB. I took the test for the Nuke Program and passed. The only thing that kept me from signing was a waiver I had to get passed on a failed class in high school. I came... show more I just came back from my second MEPS visit and I signed to be an Aviation Boatswain Mate-Fuel. I had gone the first time and scored a 92 on the ASVAB. I took the test for the Nuke Program and passed. The only thing that kept me from signing was a waiver I had to get passed on a failed class in high school. I came back up this visit expecting to sign into the Nuke Program but was told the waiver was disapproved. Bummed I was but I was still determined to get a job. They classifier suggested the AB jobs and I chose this one because the main civilian job after this was a fire fighter. After coming home I read up on the job and found its not really anything Im interested in at all. I wish my recruiter would have let me known prior to going on the status of the waiver. I feel this job isn't at all what I wanted (more physical than intellectual.) I'm making up the failed class this year, do you think the waiver would be approved after that? Let me know your input. Im really stressed about having to continue with a job that I feel I really dont want to be in. If I dont get a chance to change it I might just leave the navy and possibly join another branch. Please let me know your thoughts on this matter.
2 answers 2