Leftists: what caused severe weather before we were informed of global warming...i mean climate change?

Update:

Are you guys sure you want to claim that weather and climate are entirely separate?

16 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I live in South Florida.

Thge fact that we RARELY have a freeze, and it is in the low-mid nineties every day all summer, unless it is raining, That is my CLIMATE. And it has not changed in all 45 years I have lived here. Crisp and clear in the winter, Dry in the spring, Hot ad humid all summer and autumn.

The fact that It rained today, and will be sunny and breezy and cool tomorrow, That is weather.

• 5 years ago

Short answer: It can't. Long answer and proof of how deluded global warming zealots are: Global warming “science” predicts a 300% increase in cold winters. It also predicts “milder winters rather than cold ones.” So which weather outcome would AGW kooks use as evidence to back up their theory—warmer winters or colder ones? Yes? Huh? The most important tenet of the scientific theory is that a hypothesis must be testable, i.e., if it’s not true, there must be a way to show it. That’s why God is a lousy hypothesis. The answer to all contrary evidence is “God did it,” and thus there is NO contrary evidence. The same for global warming. Here’s a recent quote from one of the biggest names in climate panic: Q: Do you agree that from 1995 to the present there has been no statistically-significant global warming A: Yes, but only just. I also calculated the trend for the period 1995 to 2009. This trend (0.12C per decade) is positive, but not significant at the 95% significance level. Setting aside the spin, the key word there is “yes,”—there hasn’t been any global warming outside the accepted margin of error. And that’s Jones’ answer even though he’s using weighted, biased numbers: •75% of the globe has not seen significant peak warming or cooling changes between the period prior to 1960 and the 2000′s which rise above a 0.5°C threshold, which is well within the CRU’s own stated measurement uncertainties o +/- 1°C or worse. •Assuming a peak to peak change (pre 1960 vs 2000′s) should represent a change greater than 20% of the measured temperature range (i.e., if the measured temp range is 10° then a peak-to-peak change of greater than 2° would be considered ‘significant’) 87% the Earth has not experienced significant temperature changes between pre 1960 period and the 2000′s. And remember how global warming was going to flood the East Coast because, each year the sea was going to rise at a faster rate than the year before until Manhattan was under 20 feet of water? Not so much… “While relative sea level continues to rise at some of the highest rates found along the U.S. Atlantic Coast, there is presently no evidence of a statistically significant increase marking an acceleration in relative sea-level rise” Yes, in some places absolute sea level is rising. In others its falling. But given the (alleged) century of catastrophic damage man has been doing to the atmosphere, shouldn’t there at least be a trend by now? Here’s the truth: The warmest year on record (and our records are only about 130 years old) is still 1998. Unless it’s 1934. The temperatures are so close, scientists are still debating. Since 1998, temperatures have been flat—no significant warming or cooling. Meanwhile, the AGW kooks still can’t explain how the slight warming during the 20th century is different from the huge warming across Europe some 1000 years ago, or why current “warming” shouldn’t be viewed in context of the ending of the Little Ice Age. Sorry for the rambling "answer."

• 9 years ago

Well i'm a moderate so perhaps this doesn't apply to me, but it seems as though you have a complete misunderstanding about global warming. The planet has been warming because we are approaching the end of an ice age, and our magnetic field is fading, HOWEVER recently the speed of which our planet is warming has multiplied, and that is due to pollution. Now I do agree that global warming has been exxagerated, and odds are that the ice caps will not melt as soon as some scientists say it will, but it definately will happen, and anyone with a degree in meteorology will tell you the same. Most of the people who claim global warming isn't real, i'm afraid, does not know what they are talking about, but neither do liberals like anderson cooper. This is actually a very brief explanation, but if this isn't enough I would be willing to go into more detail

• 9 years ago

Al Gores weather machine

Source(s): Paul Grass, PhD, Verminologist Level 7 YA user/if in doubt check the level out May God bless you ,the USA and may God keep us safe from the progressive axis of evil;0bama,Pelosi & Reid
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • BruceN
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

I remember when the hole in the Ozone layer caused them to ban florocarbons as propellants in spray cans and refrigerators. After they did it, it took only a few years for the hole to repair itself.

Same thing will happen when we cap carbon emissions. There is no doubt that they are a problem. But scientists have a vested interest in making the problem seem more urgent and much more complicated than it usually turns out to be.

• 9 years ago

Native Americans on sport ute horses.

No.. wait. Native Americans were all in harmony with each other and the land. I think warring tribes held sock-hops instead of killing each other.

Lesse ... how about the dirty Europeans? They were the collective whipping boy before the US came into the picture.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Ronald Reagan, in fact he was responsible for ALL bad things since the beginning of time up until George W Bush took office

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Natural weather cycles.

• JYISGG
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

Don’t you mean Global Climate Disruption? And the answer, as always, is Bush.

Source(s): Leftist thought process
  • 9 years ago

Nobody in the scientific debate is blaming global warming for severe weather.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nJuAslQPaY

Youtube thumbnail

"Are you guys sure you want to claim that weather and climate are entirely separate?"

That's not what I said.

"when i was in school, they were whining about global cooling."

You are confusing scientists with the editors of Time Magazine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EU_AtHkB4Ms

Youtube thumbnail

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.