If I'm not really scared of the Dead Space series, can I play F.E.A.R?

I'm easily scared of horror games (except the Resident Evil series, which isn't really that scary) but I'm intrigued by them. If I played Dead Space 1 and 2, do I have a chance to play the F.E.A.R series? I mean, the girl Alma scares me to death, but still.

Favorite Answer

Yes you can play F.E.A.R, its way better than Dead Space in my opinion. Dead Space is all about in your face aliens, and it got really old, and you move soooo slow. F.E.A.R is a fps so you have complete control and everything that happens is from your point of view. None of this "over the shoulder 3rd person stuff" that really takes the fright away. As some others said its not necessarily super scary, but its really psychological, and those kind of horror movies/ games are the best kind in my opinion. You know something isnt right, and all your friends are disappearing, but unlike dead space, (which thrusts the aliens at you right from the start) you don't know why until its to late. It messes with your head, which makes for a better creepy atmosphere in my opinion.

Source(s): Played all the F.E.A.R games, and the first two were great i think, but stay away from the the 3rd one please! Everything about it is terrible... and i dont mean in a good way.

Yea really. Dead space wasn't really scary.

And fear was not scary

(except at one part that made me go whoa ... But then I got over it)

FEAR is nothing compared to dead space

Play Amnesia or Penumbra, then you can play every horror game...