What does it mean when a guy has a girlfriend but his status in facebook is single?

me(18) and my boyfriend(20) are together from 3 months and got into a fight because he has single on his facebook status. I ask him to change it because it bothers me to see he has a single on his page. he says why does it matter and I said it matters to me and I told him I'm not going to talk until he change... show more me(18) and my boyfriend(20) are together from 3 months and got into a fight because he has single on his facebook status. I ask him to change it because it bothers me to see he has a single on his page. he says why does it matter and I said it matters to me and I told him I'm not going to talk until he change it. he says he only be on there once or twice a week and he dont like the fact I fought with him because he wouldn't change it, but it bothers me!
he also has many girls as his friends and he flirts. I deactivated my facebook account because he don't like to see me being friends with other guys. why doesnt he understand my feelings too and change his status?
who is right? what should I do?