Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 9 years ago

My husband refuses to believe he has cancer?

My husband was diagnosed with B-cell chronic lymphocytic leukemia two months ago. He handled the news relatively well at first, but now I'm convinced he's losing his mind. He outright refuses to even consider any treatment options and seems entirely convinced that there is no cancer at all.

He's cooked up a crazy conspiracy theory that his cancer diagnosis was an elaborate hoax perpetrated by his ex-wife and her new husband involving forged test results and actors posing as doctors. I tried to reason with him but he's completely absorbed in his insane fantasy world. I don't think he's even slept in four days. Has anybody else experienced this?

Please help. I'm beginning to lose control of the situation.

Favorite Answer

Please take him to a doctor and ask if a psychiatric evaluation is in order. I hate to say this, but sometimes a major mental illness can be triggered by a very stressful life event. Being diagnosed with cancer is a very stressful life event! Whether or not he is mentally ill on top of having cancer, you have my deepest sympathy.

• Work with him. He needs you tender care support.

Make Organic Green Tea for him. Have Organic OJ. Make sure his majority of his meals now is organic green GREEN veggies. Make him laugh. Have a good positive time. Do this everyday

On another note: Try your best. Love like you never love before. This is the best way for love to come and start surrounding your life. May love be around you, through you and is you.

Love and the Good Life will come

P.S. Email me if you have another further statements glhww@yahoo.com

It's called denial. You need to discuss this with his physician and get him some counseling to help him deal with things right now.

Not sleeping in four days would be a call to the hospital psych ward to see if they could get him...