Jean asked in Business & FinanceCredit · 8 years ago

how do I get a collection agency to stop calling my house about someone who doesn't even live here?

they say that the person they are calling about put my phone number as their number

Favorite Answer

Save the money on that "horn" and send them the following letter:

Today's Date

Your Name

Your Address

Collector's Name

Collector's Address

Mr./Ms. Collector,

Your repeated telephone calls to the number [phone number] are in violation of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act.

I have made it clear to your agency that the person you are trying to contact does not live at my address and is not associated with my phone number in any way. Therefore, I demand that you cease and desist all attempts to communicate with me in any fashion. If you do not respond to this request by ceasing and desisting all communication with me, I will report your activity to my State Attorney General, to the Federal Trade Commission, and, if necessary, to an attorney.

Signature

Your Printed Name

Go to Home Depot and buy a hand held horn for about $6.

Next time they call, say "ok, I'll pay for this person I don't even know".

Then hold the horn for a full 10 seconds.

Better idea:

Get their address. Google: cease and desist sample letter

If you know the person that they are calling for, simply give them their information along the phone number of where they work. They'll leave you alone.

If those agencies touch you enable them to understand that they have got the incorrect huge form. they don't would desire to understand the clarification why that guy or woman isn't there anymore, and incredibly you telling them that the guy is ineffective could lead on them to think of you comprehend them and would desire to be mendacity. So subsequently the fewer stated the greater useful. Now in the event that they do call, ask them for the enterprise call, and the guy's call that's asking you. enable them to understand back firmly(yet incredible) that they have got the incorrect huge form and are to not call back. in the event that they do call back ask to speak to a supervisor and get a mailing handle the place you may deliver an authorized letter to formally request they end calling. the concern comes while they unload the debt to a distinctive sequence organization and the hot one will use the comparable suggestion to call you back. you will would desire to do the comparable ingredient with each and every enterprise that calls you. additionally, putting your self on the do not call record won't help subsequently. If a enterprise has carried out business enterprise with you in the previous they're allowed to touch you whether you're on the DNC, till you especially tell them in any different case. subsequently they have suggestion that the guy they're finding for is at that telephone huge form. If it incredibly turns right into a issue, the sole ingredient you may incredibly do without an outstanding form of paintings is to alter your telephone huge form.

When you find out please let me no, I get them once a month about a person i do not even know. I really sucks, i told them to take me off there of calling my number, Still keep calling. :(