Would this be rude? And another question.?

I have a date to the movies with someone from my college. He asked me if I wanted to see titanic and I stupidly said yes forgetting that I always start crying at the end of that movie. Im sure he doesn't want to see that. If I asked to see if he wanted to see a different movie about a half hour later would that be rude? Also I was going to pay for my half of the date and dinner. He offered but that's a lot of money especially for someone in college. How would I go about doing this without being awkward? Thanks

Favorite Answer

It would be rude to change your mind and not go to the movie after you already said yes. You don't want him to question your devotion, would you?

Just remember that it's a movie, and Leonardo Dicaprio went on to star in a few dozen other movies after making the Titanic, so no, he is not dead. And why would a guy get emotionally sore trying to comfort you?

I would honestly tell him the truth! You don't have to be weird or awkward about it...just say "look, I'm going to be honest, I cry everytime I watch this movie. Just a warning! We can totallly see a different movie!" even if you start crying it will give him an excuse to comfort you which will make him feel very manly! Haha.

Also about the dinner I would just tell him that sconce he payed for the movie you want to pay for at least half the dinner. He can't say no to that!

Hope it works out and you have a fantastic date!

Xoxo

im a guy and i wouldnt mind a girl crying at the end. i understand, and if anything, its an excuse to comfort you (hug).