Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 8 years ago

Am I too ugly to have a gf/bf?

http://www.thoughts.com/Mikari/media/1763546208

http://www.thoughts.com/Mikari/media/1047435057

Im 16 and Everyday, i look at myself in the mirror and i never like what i see. I have no friends due to my mental illness (SAD, Chronic depression) And everyday I feel SO lonely, and i yearn to have someone to love, but then I laugh at myself for my thoughts, because I honestly feel i'm ugly. whenever I see stories of how in love two people are, instead of it making me smile like it use to (me being a hopeless romantic) I just cry, and cry now, because I believe this will never happen to me. I've just finished crying and im tired of doing it so this time im asking on here to see..are my thoughts really true? I just need someone and right now i basically have NO standards for whom i would date as long as they wanted me...I feel my self esteem lower (idk how its even possible) every single day and...idk what to do really. I feel so broken and pained inside, and I've always felt sort of like this.

When i was younger in 1st-8th grade, I was picked on and called hideous by all the kids in my class. Being that i had braids then thye called me a whoppi goldberg look alike, and one said i was gonna grow up to be like our teacher... (a not so attractive lady) and never have anyone.. Those words have never affected me more now...idk what to do.

well i've tried to kill myself 3 times, have been to a mental hospital, and have suicidal thoughts, so yeah the doctor diagnosed me as chronic depression. Hard to believe but true..atleast that aspect IS getting a little better. Dont think the prozac really helps tho :S

Lol hobbid ^^

Favorite Answer

I have to disagree with your consciousness. XD And all those insulters, too. :) Here are some things I'd like you to look at...:

Genesis 1:26-31

And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. 27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. 28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

29 And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat. 30 And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so. 31 And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

- The Bible

Ecclesiastes 3:11-13

He hath made every thing beautiful in his time: also he hath set the world in their heart, so that no man can find out the work that God maketh from the beginning to the end. 12 I know that there is no good in them, but for a man to rejoice, and to do good in his life. 13 And also that every man should eat and drink, and enjoy the good of all his labour, it is the gift of God.

- The Bible

And my favorite...:

Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it.

CONFUCIUS

As you can see, everyone and everything is beautiful, and was created that way. Nothing on this Earth is ugly. Especially ALL PEOPLE are loved by God and many others.

I hope this will brighten your day! :)

I dont believe SAD is a clinical mental illness, and i seriously doubt that at 16 you have been diagnosed with chronic depression. Odds are, your main problem is that you are a teenager, and that your hormones are way out of whack due to you growing up. Your just in need of an outlook change. You are 16. Life will change 20 times in the next 10 years. Just stay positive and dont let anyone tell you, or make you feel like you are not valuable. Not even yourself.

You are a beautiful, fine very normal human being. You start liking yourself and start giving yourself more credit! Don't be so hard on yourself! You have a lot of beautiful qualities about you and as you mature you will discover this and trust me so will others. Always remember, those that matter will and those that don't, never mattered in the first place.

Oh honey, I'm Sure you're gorgeous! Maybe try talking to a therpist. Don't lower your standards on a guy/gril. You deserve the best! Someone is out there for you! Trust me(: everything will be okay. Just keep your head up!((:

Source(s): Experence

Hey there.

I've been going through depression myself, but because of different reasons. You are NOT ugly, and people who tell you otherwise, and tend to judge you, are only judging themselves. Keep your head up.

it doesnt matter whats on the outside, its whats in the inside that counts. and im 12, im going through what you did, and it doesnt help that im in an EXL class... find someone that loves you because of your personality

you are DEFINITELY NOT ugly! It will get better! I have severe panic disorder so i go through a bit of the same thing :/

Your Pretty! (: Dnt let anyone get to you -.-! their haterz! go try some other people not those stuck up people! im pretty sure there is someone out there tht will accept you for You ! ;)

Wow! You look like my niece.

No, you're nice looking. Things will pick up & get better.

I'm not sure you could manage a girlfriend and boyfriend..... but only one way to find out