I cant breath in my sleep?

Sometimes when I am sleeping I start having panic attacks. My heart starts racing, I become paralyzed. I am awake in my sleep. I begin gasping for air and sometimes my whole body starts shaking. I can feel something happening in my brain which makes me wonder if I am having seizures. Its a horrible feeling to be trapped in your sleep. It happens all the times. Other times, I will half wake up and my eyes will race from side to side and then I go in and out of sleep for a few minutes until I fully wake up. In the proccess, my whole body shakes. It doesn't happen very often, but does happen very frequently especially when I am stressed out. Does anyone know what the cause of it is?

Anders-Thank you this sounds exactly what I have been experiencing.

In certain cases, a person has a fear of being trapped (in sleep or if your claustrophobic) and they may have realistic dreams where they wont wake up and somethings forcing them to sleep whether they can see it or not, or are forced in tight spaces where they wont wake up because fear wont let us. I suggest going to a sleep study facility. What an evil place our minds can be.

Sounds abit like sleep paralysis.

You can read about it here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis