Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsCats · 8 years ago

What do i feed my 5 months old cat?

can you suggest some good brands for dry and canned food?

and what natural food can i feed my cat?

PLEASE keep your answers simple and to the point.

Favorite Answer

A five month old kitten should still be on kitten food. I feed my cats Nutro Natural Choice dry and wet food. Natural Choice is all natural with no chicken by-products (heads,feet and intestines), ground corn, or any artificial colors or preservatives. It's a higher protein lower carb food that my cats really love. I'm a pet nutrition specialist with Nutro and have been feeding it for over 25 years to all my furry kids and it's worked great. Good luck and hope this helps.

Mix It Up For Better Kitten Health http://www.nutro.com/pet-center/mixing-wet-and-dry...

Some kitten owners swear by wet food. Others insist dry is best. And according to the WALTHAM® Centre for Pet Nutrition, both sides have merit. In fact, WALTHAM® research shows that mixing wet and dry cat food together is beneficial to your kitten.

Benefits of Mixed Feeding

Improved Urinary Tract Health — When you feed your kitten a diet of dry kibble mixed with a high moisture wet food, it increases your kitten’s water intake, resulting in more urine production. The higher volume dilutes the urine while increasing the frequency of urination — both of which help prevent the formation of mineral crystals or urinary stones.

Better Weight Management — WALTHAM® studies have shown that kittens fed a high-moisture diet eat less, gain less weight per calorie eaten and have increased activity levels compared to kittens fed only dry food. What’s more, owners tend to better control the size of their kitten’s meal portions when part of the diet contains wet food.

Healthy Metabolism — With more real meat and fewer carbohydrates, wet food provides a healthy balance of proteins, fats and carbohydrates that satisfies a kitten’s instinctive feeding behavior and helps maintain a healthy metabolism.

Enhanced Eating Enjoyment — When given the choice, kittens prefer to eat a mixture of both wet and dry foods. Wet food is shown to increase enjoyment whereas dry food satisfies her desire to eat many small meals throughout the day.

Improved Oral Health — The crunchy texture of dry food helps keep teeth clean by scraping away plaque and tartar.

Recommended Mixed Feeding Program

While each kitten is different, WALTHAM® studies have shown that a mixed feeding program for both weight management and urinary tract health has positive results overall. For weight management, at least 1/3 of the total daily volume should be fed as wet food. If urinary tract health is the goal, wet food should make up a least 3/4 of the daily volume.

Source(s): owner of four cats (or do they own me?) Nutro.com http://www.nutro.com/pet-center/mixing-wet-and-dry...
  • JustMe

Choose a canned cat food and choose the very best you can afford. Canned is better than dry because the minerals in dry often cause kidney issues for cats.

Cats are meat eaters. You could feed your cat fresh raw meat. Diced chicken breast, a small bit of ground beef. It cannot be his only diet though. He needs cat food to meet his nutritional needs, unless you are very scientific about his diet. Cooked meat is OK too, but if you are eating it, it probably has a lot of seasoning and so forth on it. Cats do not need that.

• ?

I feed mine Chicken Soup dry. I vary the canned according to what good brands are on sale including Innova, Chicken Soup, Felidae & several others.

http://www.petfoodratings.net/cats.html

Source(s): retired tech that's done a whole lot of research on pet nutrition

Friskes,9 lives